Euro 2024

Under Fabio the team was pretty much past it. Under Sven he played a rigid 442 with probably his most technically gifted player left wing. On Friday we’ll see the same issue as Southgate plays the most technically gifted player out on the left.

With Sven to be fair it was even worse as sometimes he played someone bang average out on the left. When he had loads of brilliant centre halves and good options for wingbacks. Was like having Mike Basset when you look back on it.
Capello was ultra cautious. Not the ideal fit but had an idea that counterattacking football (which the most of the Premier League sides current play) did get the best out of the side. Same to an extent with Sven and Hodgson.

The biggest factor is Pep and the evolution of English football tactics.

Southgate has ridden that wave and it’s almost won him things. His tactical negativity cost us the Euros.

Did okay in Qatar. Wasn’t his fault Kane missed a penalty.

This will be more difficult, I suspect as our defence is dead and the overall balance isn’t great either.

We’ve not been right since the Hungary mauling really.

The biggest factor is Pep and the evolution of English football tactics.

Southgate has ridden that wave and it’s almost won him things. His tactical negativity cost us the Euros.

Did okay in Qatar. Wasn’t his fault Kane missed a penalty.

This will be more difficult, I suspect as our defence is dead and the overall balance isn’t great either.

We’ve not been right since the Hungary mauling really.
So your saying we've been shit since 1953?......

It’s also been one of Englands most successful periods at major tournaments.

Coincides with the weakest periods for some of our old rivals too.
Spain,Germany, Brazil and even Italy have underperformed in this period the Dutch have only recently turned it round.

I guess we're going to find out how we match up very soon.

I have a feeling we could go out at the group stages. We looked uninterested the other night. There's rumblings in the camp also I heard. We will see, but I certainly dont think we are favourites, nor anywhere near that with our defence.

Capello was ultra cautious. Not the ideal fit but had an idea that counterattacking football (which the most of the Premier League sides current play) did get the best out of the side. Same to an extent with Sven and Hodgson.
I think the last 2 had pretty average side. The one Sven had was very good. I don’t think he got the best out of them. Being fair though there were some great international sides back then. Whereas now most teams are pretty average.

I have a feeling we could go out at the group stages. We looked uninterested the other night. There's rumblings in the camp also I heard. We will see, but I certainly dont think we are favourites, nor anywhere near that with our defence.
I had that feeling up until I looked at Serbia and Slovakia’s squads.

The Danes are always tricky to play in tournaments.

I think the last 2 had pretty average side. The one Sven had was very good. I don’t think he got the best out of them. Being fair though there were some great international sides back then. Whereas now most teams are pretty average.
It wasn't a greatest selection of players under Sven either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.