Euro 2024

The biggest factor is Pep and the evolution of English football tactics.

Southgate has ridden that wave and it’s almost won him things. His tactical negativity cost us the Euros.

Did okay in Qatar. Wasn’t his fault Kane missed a penalty.

This will be more difficult, I suspect as our defence is dead and the overall balance isn’t great either.

We’ve not been right since the Hungary mauling really.
Pep’s impact on all forms of football cannot be understated.

Whilst he was managing in Spain the national team won 3 major tournaments in a row.

Whilst he was managing in Germany they won the 2014 World Cup.

And whilst he’s been managing in England the national team has reached a WC Semi and first major final in over 50 years.

I’m guessing (might have checked before) the spine of his clubs teams at the time have consisted of the country’s national players.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a distinct lack of excitement, enthusiasm, or anticipation ahead of this Euro's, or big international tournaments like the World Cup these days? I remember the build up to Euro 2004. England flags everywhere, nearly every ad on TV involved Euro 2004, the real palpable excitement ahead of England's opener against France, pitting two of the tournament favourites against each other. This time around, it just feels, well, flat. According to an article in the Guardian, a large number of people in Germany didn't even know that they were hosting it, or when it even started. Maybe everybody is just fatigued by too much football and when you have too much of anything it loses its magic.

I have a feeling we could go out at the group stages. We looked uninterested the other night. There's rumblings in the camp also I heard. We will see, but I certainly dont think we are favourites, nor anywhere near that with our defence.

That match meant absolutely nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.