europa cup

Likely to be irrelevant anyway.

I have seen nothing so far this season in Europe to suggest we are going to win in Dortmund.

Can't see the players being that bothered either.

With everton the Saturday before and rags the Sunday after I can see a few key players being rested whatever Mancini says

I hope we qualify for the Europa, but even though Dortmund have nothing to play for I just can't see us winning over there. The derby 4 days later complicates things too, as Mancini will be reluctant to play our first XI in Germany.

crazy , crazy , crazy ,
we have to try and win every single game we play what ever bleedin tournament its in , for fuck sake man ,
oh lets go out to lose , NO ITS BOLLOCKS ,
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN , every single game .win every trophey we have the chance of winning

AntiUnited said:
tonea2003 said:
AntiUnited said:
People keep bitching about being placed in the group of death. The way of avoiding this is to win or do extremely well in this turny. And you play to win things not to just look to become 2nd best (some people sound like they have the arsenal mentality).

dortmund were ranked in the 4th pot as were cluj, need i say more

and ?

i assume you mean doing well to stay in pot 2 or get into pot 1
none of that means you guarantee an easy group
malaga and dortmund 4th ranked have won their groups

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Likely to be irrelevant anyway.

I have seen nothing so far this season in Europe to suggest we are going to win in Dortmund.

Can't see the players being that bothered either.

With everton the Saturday before and rags the Sunday after I can see a few key players being rested whatever Mancini says
They have won the group as it goes on head to head so it's likely they won't risk a full strength team making it winnable.

Better to focus on the league.

In fact, we should decline the CL all together. Give our spot to Spurs, they seem to be into that silly competition, and they are ahead of us on the Learning Curve.

It was always a bit of a myth, a legend. The blind and loyal passion that City fans have for their team. No matter how crap it was, no matter how brutal the heartbreak after a false dawn would be. Four years ago a bunch of incredibly wealthy people looked at our club and figured they fancied a bit of that. They fancied a bit of ambitious project, like. Winning stuff, signing magnificent players, expanding the club's ambition and completely revamping the vision of the support. What she said - We dream to wear the shirt, God chose You, play as WE dream. And less than 5 years into the journey there are people who would much rather tank the Europe League cos it's a Donald Duck Cup for a shower of sh!te. Right. All those shiny cups in our trophy cabinet underline how we as a club are miles above the misery of playing Dynamo Kiev (who have more European trophies in their cabinet) and Sporting Lisbon (who have won the exact same number as us). Wow. Some might even be all in for sacking Mancio, the man who has done an unbelieveable job under pressure, won things that we could only dream of.

All I know is that if we do qualify for the lesser, unglamarous cup, I would freaking sing like a loon if we go on and win the thing. City winning in Europe. A trophy. If you could ask me that ten years ago - I would smash you in the nuts for winding me up. Ajax a poor side, Madrid not good enough. Yeah right.

I feel priviledged and lucky to witness the club that once positioned Goater and Dickov (love both to bits) as genuine stars, since they were the best we could get. And now just because someone will be taken a mickey off on the net, we have to flush this tourno. How things change.

Lads who will go to Dortmund - sing your hearts out. It will be the beginning of our journey to Amsterdam. Winning the damn thing in a city that is home to one of the greatest football clubs in the world. Another step towards the dream. The dream of seeing a club that owes so much to its amazing fans. The dream of becoming the kings of Europe.

Anyone who whines and complains should just watch that game at Wembley in 1999 and then recall how the beloved rags did that same year. Will put things into perspective.

City till I die. Bring on the Cup that clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Inter, Juventus, Ajax, Liverpool and Valencia did not find embarassing to win.

Fast forward to the beginning of May. Its the 2nd leg of the EL semi final. City are away to Atletico Madrid. We have a 2-1 lead after the 2st leg.

We are 1st in the PL, 2 points ahead of United with 3 games to play. The Sunday after the semi final we are away to Swansea, United at home to Chelsea.

Send the kids to Madrid?

cibaman said:
Fast forward to the beginning of May. Its the 2nd leg of the EL semi final. City are away to Atletico Madrid. We have a 2-1 lead after the 2st leg.

We are 1st in the PL, 2 points ahead of United with 3 games to play. The Sunday after the semi final we are away to Swansea, United at home to Chelsea.

Send the kids to Madrid?

i really hope that is the case mate i really do and throw in the fa cup as well to spice it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.