Europa league

Of course we play our best 11 against Porto, we are one of four or five clubs going for the league and there is every chance we won't win it so we musn't put all our eggs into one basket.

We're going to have some weekends off as we are out of the FA Cup, perhaps some of those weekends will come after or before a Europa League midweek game? I'm not enjoying this recent spell of losing games, I don't enjoy watching City lose so I'd like us to give it a decent stab...at this point in time I don't care what City win, I just want some more trophies and then in a year or two we can start to be more picky.

Didsbury Dave said:
I would be stunned if Mancini plays anything other than a total reserve side in the EL. Personally I want us to get knocked out next round.

The league is all that matters.
Let's hope you right.

For everyone who is saying fck off all these cup competitions, Just exactly how unhappy on a scale of 1-10 will you be if we DONT win the league?

My view is if we won another cup and didnt quite make it in the league then I wouldnt be too pissed off.

If we win nothing after the way we started the season I wont be as happy!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For everyone who is saying fck off all these cup competitions, Just exactly how unhappy on a scale of 1-10 will you be if we DONT win the league?

My view is if we won another cup and didnt quite make it in the league then I wouldnt be too pissed off.

Good post

LoveCity said:
We play the best team left (besides the scum) next so if we beat them we have a great chance of winning the Europa League. If not, oh well - but before dismissing it, people should consider that winning it could push us into Pot 2 for next year's Champions League. And with there being no FA Cup left for us like last season, our fixtures won't be quite as congested as last season we had league + FA Cup + Europa League with an inferior squad (our squad won't be this depleted forever) than now.

YES. I get the desire to win the title this year but we are going to win plenty of titles over the next few decades. We NEED to get to pot 2. The only way we do it is a strong showing in Europe. We have to regularly start going deep in the CL. Its the most prestigious trophy in all of football and it is a necessary revenue stream. Without that regular revenue every year we will not be able to meet our aspirations.

-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:32 pm --

MERLIN21 said:
I don't think its important we win it. I think are one and only priority should be the league.

Then you dont understand football finances.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
DD said:
LoveCity said:
And people forget another perk if we win the Europa League:

31st August, 2012 - Stade Louis II, Monaco
European Super Cup

FC Barcelona or Real Madrid C.F. vs. Manchester City

Watched by the entire world (and quite a lot in the club's coffers too).

Actually, it usually gets a crowd of about 3,000 and is watched by hardly anyone.

18,000 watched last year's, a full house.

It was watched all over the world by millions.

And it's another trophy that can be won in one night.

and comes with a nice payout.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Spot on we've had threads on here don't give a shit if we get knocked out of F.A. Cup by United,not bothered about League Cup like our trophy cabinets bursting at the seams this time last week we hadn't lost at home for a year now we've lost twice in a week,winning can get to be a habit but so can losing. When we were winning every week teams were coming and looked beaten from start ala Stoke now i can see a few coming who will fancy their chances specially as we're looking a bit on the weak side.

Didsbury Dave said:
I would be stunned if Mancini plays anything other than a total reserve side in the EL. Personally I want us to get knocked out next round.

The league is all that matters.

If Porto knocks us out and we don't win the League Mancini will be sacked. Ulterior motives?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.