European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Maybe slightly cynical on my part, it looks like a fairly noncommittal holding statement not ruling out any options in the future under the guise of continued development of the game

Sounds a bit presumptuous on their part that they are going to qualify for any future UEFA competitions anytime soon.

**BREAKING NEWS**

ManUre come out in full support of UEFA, the Premier League & The ECA!

Barça Boss Laporte has come out fighting saying European clubs can now plot their own course & are now free from UEFA's unfair monopoly on football.

Interestingly he said the SL DOESN'T affect national leagues, & if anything it will enhance them.
You have to fucking laugh hear Barca talking about unfair monopolies on football. They don’t give two fucks about the good of the game other than rescuing themselves from oblivion and getting themselves back to financial domination.

It would replace the CL (and other UEFA comps) but the only way the top teams could drop out is if they were relegated 3 divisions of the new system. New teams qualifying through the domestic league would go into the 3rd tier of the competition.

IMG_8639.jpeg
IMG_8640.jpeg

Maybe we're saying two different things. I mean they care about fans opinions. Fans opinions stopped the American owners getting what they wanted last time - To make lots of money in an ESL.

Over on rawk btw they are under the impression that state run clubs will not be allowed in the new SL format. They're desperate for it. And its those opinions, the promise that lfc or utd would be top dogs once again, that might just carry it over the line.
when are they going to understand that we are NOT state run, newcastle are and it might affect them but it wont affect us in any way shape or form

Just to play devil’s advocate, but if this did go ahead, wouldn‘t fixtures like City v Milan or City v Bayern be better than watching us play the likes of Luton and Fulham?

100% correct.

The real money is in worldwide TV coverage/sponsorship. That's the future.

Guaranteed sellouts for all elite level matches, and you can be sure that City won't be shy about charging £75 minimum for seats.

This has been on the cards since 1992. I'm just surprised that it's taken this long to get to this point.

Traditional fans will be priced out of elite football completely.

Maybe slightly cynical on my part, it looks like a fairly noncommittal holding statement not ruling out any options in the future under the guise of continued development of the game
They’ve shown they can u-turn. It’s the only corner they know how to turn. That’s if we can credit them with having a strategy.

I don’t think this is a runner though for English teams.

Given the punishment meted out for leaving the PL, what’s stopping the cartel promising the world, but then backtracking, meaning all PL teams that broke away have huge hoLes in their finances and the rest can compete again?

Interesting reasoning. Would not surprise me if the likes of United use this as leverage against us.

It would be amusing if Spurs/Levy tried it on. "Who are you?"

Good chance of that although they have weakened their position with their latest statement trying to garner goodwill from their fan base.

They have already missed the opportunity of being the top dogs in ESL.

I think Barca/ Real will have that relationship if they get it through.

Any club that wants to join it should go right ahead and do it. Let them, many are becoming irrelevant anyway. I just hope City don't follow suit. The club needs to put out a statement on their stance asap

Its gonna happen. No doubt. In some for or other. Just like the football league breaking away from the FA over 125 years ago, and the Prem breaking away from the football league.
Things change
Times change

As a club we will be 100% up for it. Thats for certain.
As fans we have to decide and for all that i will have a moan it wont stop me going to the games and supporting the team i love.
Whats the alternative? Go to grassroots? Went to see macc fc a few times and its just not the same. Its not … there … deep inside.

So i guess we have to embrace whatever comes along

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.