European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

This is what the Super league is proposing seems the game load would increase

Yeah, did the quick math before

So a quick calc of this puts it at 76 max (57 min) games a season. (69/49 in the 2024 Swiss CL format)

Prem - 38 (38)
Carabao - 6 (1)
FA Cup - 6 (1)
Community - 1 (0)
Super League - 17 (14)
Super Cup - 1 (0)
Club World Cup - 7 (3)

This SL just sounds like the merging of the top teams in different leagues.

If English and German teams don’t get involved, then it’ll be clubs like Celtic, Ranger, Ajax etc that will jump at this more than teams in decent domestic leagues.

How many times will take for Lazio vs Atletico type games to get boring?
By the end of the first game.
It will be utter shit.
If we go near it I'll never watch a football game again

If the day ever comes that City fully leave English football to join a European super league full time, then that's the day i walk away from my beloved club.
I want to play Palace, Burnley, Brentford, Fulham or in the future Ipswich, Sunderland or Wrexham, i couldn't give a shit about regular games against Barcelona, Real Madrid or fucking PSG.

By the end of the first game.
It will be utter shit.
If we go near it I'll never watch a football game again
I’d be the same, or I’d ignore the SL completely.

I’d assume that City would never get relegated from it, so we’d use the PL to be our EDS side. I could get behind that side.

I'm wondering about the logistics of the 'free to view' aspect of the proposal.

Is it going to be like a free streaming service, where the viewer is inundated with adverts every 5 minutes in order to pay for it?
Also on the topic of “view “ if given a choice which team would football fans globally watch the most ?
1- rags and dips with antonio and darwin
2- city with haaland , jack , kdb etc etc

Yeah, did the quick math before

So a quick calc of this puts it at 76 max (57 min) games a season. (69/49 in the 2024 Swiss CL format)

Prem - 38 (38)
Carabao - 6 (1)
FA Cup - 6 (1)
Community - 1 (0)
Super League - 17 (14)
Super Cup - 1 (0)
Club World Cup - 7 (3)
*maths

All American sport is shit, all about the mighty dollar and profit, the competition is a side show.

American history is full of breakaway/ new leagues to challenge monopolies of old leagues..

For example the National Football League was older and the American Football League was founded but fans didn't like two champions so the superbowl was created to see which team would be true champs.

Same for baseball with National League and American League.

With American owners all over the place.. you can bet your pennies on eventually the ESL and the CL will have a one game winner take all competition after their respective seasons to determine the true European champion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.