European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

I asked someone this earlier but would like to hear some of the other Blues opinions on this.
I see some comments with regards this happening and them saying they’ll be done with football if this happens.
So my question is how would they feel if we’re booted out of the premier league or lower with regards the 115 charges and would then your opinions change?
Just wondering..
As the song goes: "I'll follow City everywhere." I didn't stop going when the PL came in and I won't stop if the CL is replaced by a new European League. I am generally an optimist and someone who is happy to embrace change. I remain deeply suspicious of the motives of those behind the new ESL but I am also deeply suspicious about the crooks running UEFA and the PL. I will wait and see what happens.
I respect those who don't like modern football and have bailed out. It's a free country and it's their choice. But nostalgia aside, I believe the quality of football these days is better than ever. I don't hanker for the so-called glory days when thugs like Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris ruled the roost.

If the choice was between financial oblivion and my football club no longer existing, or joining a ESL to survive, then I’m going with the ESL option.
Financial oblivion would obviously be the extreme but anything sanction that could get imposed would still be a kick in the knackers considering how it’s all come about.
Doctored hacked emails, brought about by the ‘elite’ to protect their own self interests, nailed as guilty by the media.
It’s already a stacked deck.
Yeah we’ve done alright : ) but the whole thing is already corrupt.

Load of bollox! Format is shit and the teams who want it are desperate, which leaves the everyday fan losing out.

It’s all about the few grabbing the game for their own benefit, why would any of ours want to diminish the game for the sake of the likes of Real, Barca and Juventus?

This is not affecting domestic leagues.....as pointed out this is a fight with eufa/fifa.....it may affect what kind of teams are put out in domestic cups. But its still a closed shop when you look at top 2 leagues. if a random team like West Ham etc ever won premier league it would not get in top league for winning EPL so no extra revenue like Utd pool city etc(whoever invited to star league) so the financial gap will just get wider

Many things wrong with a potential super league BUT, UEFA pretending this is all about protecting the fans has to be the biggest joke of them all. £405 for a ticket for the CL final, abandoned to our own devices after the final, no adequate refreshments during the game along with piss poor organisation on the way to the final.
As for the PL caring about fans, equally as nonsensical. Random kick off times, arbitrary FFP rules which encourage clubs to maximise the revenue of the match going fan, VAR that not only takes up to 6 minutes and even after that length of time, is often wrong.

Imagine if this super league came in and had a maximum standard ticket price of £25/£30 with fixed kick off dates and times? It might change a few hearts and minds…

Finally, I’ve seen this on sky news today and it was noticeable that, this morning, the 6 teams who were going to ‘abandon’ English football started with Manchester City, followed by Chelsea. Aresenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Man U. This afternoon, the 6 teams who ‘changed their minds’ started with Manchester United, followed by, Liverpool, Aresenl, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester City bringing up the rear. Might be a tad high on the paranoid scale but it was the thing I first noticed!!

As the song goes: "I'll follow City everywhere." I didn't stop going when the PL came in and I won't stop if the CL is replaced by a new European League. I am generally an optimist and someone who is happy to embrace change. I remain deeply suspicious of the motives of those behind the new ESL but I am also deeply suspicious about the crooks running UEFA and the PL. I will wait and see what happens.
I respect those who don't like modern football and have bailed out. It's a free country and it's their choice. But nostalgia aside, I believe the quality of football these days is better than ever. I don't hanker for the so-called glory days when thugs like Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris ruled the roost.
Good post Blue.

Many things wrong with a potential super league BUT, UEFA pretending this is all about protecting the fans has to be the biggest joke of them all. £405 for a ticket for the CL final, abandoned to our own devices after the final, no adequate refreshments during the game along with piss poor organisation on the way to the final.
As for the PL caring about fans, equally as nonsensical. Random kick off times, arbitrary FFP rules which encourage clubs to maximise the revenue of the match going fan, VAR that not only takes up to 6 minutes and even after that length of time, is often wrong.

Imagine if this super league came in and had a maximum standard ticket price of £25/£30 with fixed kick off dates and times? It might change a few hearts and minds…

Finally, I’ve seen this on sky news today and it was noticeable that, this morning, the 6 teams who were going to ‘abandon’ English football started with Manchester City, followed by Chelsea. Aresenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Man U. This afternoon, the 6 teams who ‘changed their minds’ started with Manchester United, followed by, Liverpool, Aresenl, Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester City bringing up the rear. Might be a tad high on the paranoid scale but it was the thing I first noticed!!
SKY News are financially involved in this battle. They would go out of existence if a new ESL came in and broadcast its own matches on its own streaming channels. You can''t trust a single word they broadcast. They were heavily involved in manipulating the narrative last time. They actively whipped up the fans of other clubs to protest. Some supporters are so gullible they believe everything they are told. SKY and UEFA have been ripping off fans for years. They are not acting in good faith in this dispute.

If this shit show actually turns into anything concrete then I suspect it’ll be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of fans.

I find myself falling more and more out of love with the game as it is, and I know I’m not the only one.

Fans are treated like disposable idiots by the club and the governing bodies.

I’m a whisker away from jacking it all in as it is. I have other hobbies.

Like many things, this is an awful binary choice.

UEFA / FIFA v Self interested clubs already in financial ruin.
Conservative v Labour
Syphilis v Gonorrhea
Turkey v Nut Roast

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.