European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Maybe, but I really think this is being positioned to replace domestic leagues at the top level, if not initially then very soon after start-up. Expansion (further dilution) of the CL is bad enough, but it feels to me like ESL would be a death-knoll for top European (and uk) leagues. Local lower-league and non-league football could get a welcome attendance bounce.

Can't wait for the Barcelona derby.

This is not affecting domestic leagues.....as pointed out this is a fight with eufa/fifa.....it may affect what kind of teams are put out in domestic cups. But its still a closed shop when you look at top 2 leagues. if a random team like West Ham etc ever won premier league it would not get in top league for winning EPL so no extra revenue like Utd pool city etc(whoever invited to star league) so the financial gap will just get wider

It will affect domestic leagues as you point out. the prize money would be lower, sky would probably go bust and there’d be no champions league money. It would have a massive effect to the domestic league.

They're slowly going to rip football apart. The bosses pushing this just want to make a final payday probably before they retire. There's no long term thinking here. All that will happen is they'll be way too many games per season, big players will start getting injured and then you'll have teams picking and choosing which games (league, cup, etc) they are going to prioritise and then the standard on average will go down as they field weakened sides for the games they haven't chosen to focus on. More so than what happens already.

Long term I can actually see big players faking injuries to miss these competitions - whether it's the super league or the domestic cups as a knock on affect of this monstrosity coming into play. Similar to what we suspect some of them do for international friendlies and qualifiers. The standard of quality will drop for sure.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but the original plan of the ESL was to invite 24/32 of Europe's leading clubs into a competition that replaced the Champions league. There was never any intention of the clubs "leaving" their domestic leagues. So all these claims that it would kill the Premier league was just hysteria. It was a ploy by the big clubs owners to take the subtantial money Uefa pockets for themselves.

The main issue as I saw back then it was the intention to make it a closed club aka the NFL with no promotion and relegation. I understand going forward this was going to be changed with the bottom 4 clubs dropping out every year.
The suggestion that the new European format would "kill the Premier League" is being pushed by those in the UEFA camp which includes most of the media groups, especially SKY and TNT. The new proposal bypasses the broadcasters and will make sure that clubs keep the lions's share of broadcast revenues.
It would also demolish the Ivory Towers of UEFA and the thousands of leeches who work for them. They will do anything to prevent change. Don't forget that these "opponents to change" include the usual suspects who have tried to destroy our club. I am not saying I agree with the new format just that fans and clubs should at least see what is on the table before being sucked in by a fake media narrative.

If this shit show actually turns into anything concrete then I suspect it’ll be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of fans.

I find myself falling more and more out of love with the game as it is, and I know I’m not the only one.

Fans are treated like disposable idiots by the club and the governing bodies.

I’m a whisker away from jacking it all in as it is. I have other hobbies.
Stick the parking chaos and transport issues its becoming more like ill watch at home especially night games.

It’s not much of a super league without PSG and Bayern Munich. Grimsby Town will qualify at this rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.