Euros Ref and VAR

No. the ref didnt see it. It didnt impact actual play... But most importantly wasnt a foul by the player. We're awarding game changing decisions on irrelevant things. But you didnt see the snickometer then? The tech that determined the ball hit his hand? Yes we could see it, but where is that heading?

Edit, I will tell you - It will head towards no one seeing ANYTHING, no handball, but the snickometer picked up a sound. Thats beyond decision making.

Yes, I saw the snickometer. And no doubt they’ll be an incident soon where the naked eye cannot detect a touch but it shows up as a ‘snick’ and gets given.

But this wasn’t it. Yes, the referee missed it. But anyone could tell with one look at a replay that it’s touched his hand. So it was an easy decision.

Whether you, me, or anybody wants handball given for incidents like that, is irrelevant to the only point I’m making.

Yes, I saw the snickometer. And no doubt they’ll be an incident soon where the naked eye cannot detect a touch but it shows up as a ‘snick’ and gets given.

But this wasn’t it. Yes, the referee missed it. But anyone could tell with one look at a replay that it’s touched his hand. So it was an easy decision.

Whether you, me, or anybody wants handball given for incidents like that, is irrelevant to the only point I’m making.

We might be at crossed purposes, I am talking about the future of this technology and its relationship with football and the direction and dichotomy it is causing between what we have as a sport and what they are doing to it for TV purposes. If it beyond the ref, beyond the video refs and slow mo's it isn't worth a decison!

Goal line tech (Where we cant determine with the naked eye) IS important. Handball on the edge of the penalty area isnt.

We might be at crossed purposes, I am talking about the future of this technology and its relationship with football and the direction and dichotomy it is causing between what we have as a sport and what they are doing to it for TV purposes. If it beyond the ref, beyond the video refs and slow mo's it isn't worth a decison!

Goal line tech (Where we cant determine with the naked eye) IS important. Handball on the edge of the penalty area isnt.

What's glaringly obvious is that there is even less accountability now because the humans in charge have got something to blame. It's absolutely perfect for match fixing and aiding and abetting the cartel.

Who took that much time to look at an incident like last nights Danish goal, who does that and comes out with a decision based on 3mm?

First, I cannot recall an incident, (but I do accept there has been the odd one) where the ref has stuck by his decision. They always go with the VAR official.

Just FYI, I think there were three occasions that happened in the Premier League last season.

1X Darren England

2 X Michael Oliver. Including Arsenal’s winning goal on the final day. Which if City had only managed a draw, would have probably become the most controversial VAR related decision ever.

about the off sides, like danish goal yesterday, my comment is:
for those critical off side incidents, they must eliminate human intervention since the VAR may choose any frame he/she wants where 1 frame is 5mm offside the other not off side. so those frames should be chosen randomly (not psuedo but true randomness should exist) by computer in an 1-2 second interval.

below, icardi's off side against man utd this year. var ref shouldnt be the decision maker chosing the frame
1719744838290.png

Last edited:
The germany game show why we need to get rid of VAR. A Snickometer?!! wtf? They are trying to turn it into Cricket with all that TV drama.

That handball had NO impact, gave NO advantage yet out of the blue a game changing decision was made because they HAVE this technology. Not because it was the right decision, it was because they had the technology.

Get it the **** out of our game, they are trying to turn it into something different, its not about accuracy, you cannot do that in this sport.

Handball is awarded when a player intentionally handballs, thats how it was simpler but they over complicated it because of the technology being applied to our game - it feels like by businessmen intent on changing the very game we love.
Fucking ridiculous decision that one and yes, another example of reffing by computer.

I’ve given up giving my own opinion on specific decisions. It’s pointless.

My only point here is that it has nothing to do with the snickometer or any other technology, as the other guy said.

Once it was established it hit the guy’s hand, as it clearly did to the naked eye, it was an easy decision.
so wtf is the 'snickometer' for then??

What's glaringly obvious is that there is even less accountability now because the humans in charge have got something to blame. It's absolutely perfect for match fixing and aiding and abetting the cartel.

Who took that much time to look at an incident like last nights Danish goal, who does that and comes out with a decision based on 3mm?
And this is the whole point in a nutshell. A system designed or subsequently adapted to ensure that the commercial needs of the cartel are served and protected above all else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.