Euros Ref and VAR

The germany game show why we need to get rid of VAR. A Snickometer?!! wtf? They are trying to turn it into Cricket with all that TV drama.

That handball had NO impact, gave NO advantage yet out of the blue a game changing decision was made because they HAVE this technology. Not because it was the right decision, it was because they had the technology.

Get it the **** out of our game, they are trying to turn it into something different, its not about accuracy, you cannot do that in this sport.

Handball is awarded when a player intentionally handballs, thats how it was simpler but they over complicated it because of the technology being applied to our game - it feels like by businessmen intent on changing the very game we love.

The germany game show why we need to get rid of VAR. A Snickometer?!! wtf? They are trying to turn it into Cricket with all that TV drama.

That handball had NO impact, gave NO advantage yet out of the blue a game changing decision was made because they HAVE this technology. Not because it was the right decision, it was because they had the technology.

Get it the **** out of our game, they are trying to turn it into something different, its not about accuracy, you cannot do that in this sport.

Handball is awarded when a player intentionally handballs, thats how it was simpler but they over complicated it because of the technology being applied to our game - it feels like by businessmen intent on changing the very game we love.
Totally agree. VAR and the idiots that run our game have ruined what was a simple, enjoyable experience.
It is interesting that yet again, its another controversy involving English referees. Not one ounce of vommon sense was used. They are wank, Var is wank.

That decision, whatever you think of it had nothing to do with technology. The ball clearly touched his hand. Any VAR would have recommended giving that with no technology other than a tv screen to watch a replay.

That decision, whatever you think of it had nothing to do with technology. The ball clearly touched his hand. Any VAR would have recommended giving that with no technology other than a tv screen to watch a replay.
Do you think the player deliberately put his hand in that position or was it the normal movement of a defender ?
Re the handball, the machine gave the correct decision but do we want to see our game ruled/ruined by such tiny margins. I don't.

Do you think the player deliberately put his hand in that position or was it the normal movement of a defender ?
Re the handball, the machine gave the correct decision but do we want to see our game ruled/ruined by such tiny margins. I don't.

I’ve given up giving my own opinion on specific decisions. It’s pointless.

My only point here is that it has nothing to do with the snickometer or any other technology, as the other guy said.

Once it was established it hit the guy’s hand, as it clearly did to the naked eye, it was an easy decision.

No. the ref didnt see it. It didnt impact actual play... But most importantly wasnt a foul by the player. We're awarding game changing decisions on irrelevant things. But you didnt see the snickometer then? The tech that determined the ball hit his hand? Yes we could see it, but where is that heading?

Edit, I will tell you - It will head towards no one seeing ANYTHING, no handball, but the snickometer picked up a sound. Thats beyond decision making.

Further to my last post. Fans and players are now complaining about stuttering run ups to a penalty kick. Did he stop and therefore the kick has to be retaken ? Let Var decide.
Throw in, foul throws, see last answer.
Was it a corner ? Surely a goal kick should be the correct decision, let's just check.........

If you think I'm being silly, when Var was first suggested no one thought players would have to practice jumping up with their arms behind their backs like some weird ballerina.

I’ve given up giving my own opinion on specific decisions. It’s pointless.

My only point here is that it has nothing to do with the snickometer or any other technology, as the other guy said.

Once it was established it hit the guy’s hand, as it clearly did to the naked eye, it was an easy decision.
I agree, you cannot fault the machinery. It is doing what humans asked it to do.
The stupidity lies with the rule makers.

erm everybody because the automated offside system has been used in uefa competitions for a couple of years now and is widely accepted as the most competent version of it, it was pgmol who pushed against introducing it into the pl up until this year, var as a concept is fine its the incompetence of the people using it which makes it fall down hence the moment there was a controversial decision in the netherlands v france game attwell took 3 minutes to fuck it up.

The issue with any system whether it be var or the new computing system within your work is very rarely the system and much more likely to be the people using it as much as people want to believe that computers are intelligent they really arent they follow a series of commands put in by people so if shit is put in then you get shit out hence why var has been roundly hammered, the tech is okay the same idiots using it week in week out are the problem.
Until the generative offside there was no technology, just video replays freeze frame and slow motion they had some low flawed tech for adjusting the parallax and line drawing only. How they can justify the "clear and obvious" when they have to use the above is a contradiction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.