Even though we keep winning

We've won all our games, beat Barca, haven't conceded a goal, overcame a potential banana skin in the cup and have players other clubs can only dream about, but some fans still find something to moan about.

Can't we just enjoy it, instead of someone somewhere always trying to find something to moan about?

danburge82 said:
PaulPowerShower said:
We look really really shite.......no synergy, everyone seems to be working to a different agenda

Dont get me wron there are flashes of it working but it huat looks like 11 strangers to me

Palace nearly turned us over and Pompey played much much much better football with no decent players.....

Anyone else agree?

I agree to a point! we have conceded enough chances to have lost all of our games and if things have had fallen slightly differently for a few of the Blackburn, Wolves, Palace and Pompey players we could be bottom of the Prem on 0 points and out of the Carling Cup! i do not know how we havent conceded a goal yet as its not just been Shay Given neither as oppositions have hit the bar and missed a number sitters and had a number of near misses etc! If we concede this many chances to Arsenal and United we will definately not keep clean sheets!
I dont think Ireland has had a good game yet this season and there are still question marks over Micah Richards (but i still want to encourage him to do well rather than slag him off - see the "Micah Richards" thread!)
We seem to be playing like England play sometimes- like a squad of lads who havent played a lot of football with each other, a lot of things are just off the cuff, not planned or thought out, there hasnt been a great deal of stucture to our play apart from with Barry and a lot of things havent worked!

However, a fair few things have worked and the link between defence and attack that Barry has brought to the team has impressed me more than the performances of any other player! he looks very very classy! In short spells we have played some excellent football and we have also created a number of chances and and if things have had fallen slightly differently for our lads we could have won 6-0 in all of our games!

I think with a few more months of working together on a daily basis and performing together 2ice a week there will be a hell of a lot more cohesion and we will look like a team rather than 11 players in the same kit! Partnerships havent had time to develop yet - Toure/Lescott, Barry/Ireland, Adebayor and anyone who's up there with him - this takes time too! I bet our new lads are still at the stage where they havent got nicknames for each other yet and they cant quite take the piss out of each other too much just yet as they dont know each other all that well, and that rubs off on the pitch as well! When a better social cohesion, as well as a playing cohesion, comes in there will be a better understanding with each other and when you are playing with mates and mates you like and mates you dont want to let down and want to share success with; there will be more of a team on the pitch than at present! A social hierarchy will be formed over a longer period of time as well and it the leaders will come to the fore and take us forward, at this early stage with so many new players there cant be a clear hierarchy developed yet, and this rubs off on the pitch too!

But they are all things that will develop over the next few months and come Christmas we can come back and talk about how we think we're doing, right now i think we should just take it game by game and any positives that come out we should highlight and just hope the negatives can be ironed out! I think our 0 goals conceded is a little bit flattering for us but we could have scored 15 goals by now so 3 wins from 3, 4 goals 0 conceded and 9 points - and a win in the CC - has made me pretty pleased with the start to our season! So OP, dont look at the negatives too early!

What he said

I dont think they look so bad for a team that has just come together. Somer times I wonder if people understand anything about football. LOL give them time to gel! And 3 wins from 3 with 2 away without reply, what do you want? We are the only team in the pl with a 100% record.

Jesus if we won the pl in the morning some people would still complain and ask why we didn't get the treble.

I could go on but whats the point?

Vicky said:
Jesus if we won the pl in the morning some people would still complain and ask why we didn't get the treble.

Why do people feel the need to wildly excaggerate to prove a point. It's a legitimate discussion topic on a discussion forum. It's not one that I strongly agree with but I'd much rather discuss that than have this become a cheerleaders forum.

Must be a million times this has happened in the past few days.

moomba said:
Vicky said:

Why do people feel the need to wildly excaggerate to prove a point. It's a legitimate discussion topic on a discussion forum. It's not one that I strongly agree with but I'd much rather discuss that than have this become a cheerleaders forum.

I think ive seen you say the same thing at least a billion times Moomba.

PaulPowerShower said:
We look really really shite.......no synergy, everyone seems to be working to a different agenda

Dont get me wron there are flashes of it working but it huat looks like 11 strangers to me

Palace nearly turned us over and Pompey played much much much better football with no decent players.....

Anyone else agree?

Just say NO to drugs!

svennis pennis said:
moomba said:

I think ive seen you say the same thing at least a billion times Moomba.

At least a trillion IMO.

PaulPowerShower said:

Anyone else agree?
no matter how much these lot will slate you, i agree with you 100%

Sorry, I didnt realise this was a man only forum..A real mans forum...Well Ill just pop out get myself 12 beers a pack of smokes and come back to you....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.