Ever broken any bones?

tib and fib playing football1989 had a baby 3 weeks before and had just took out a mortgage 5 months off work.hard times.

Fractured skull when 7 - cycling accident.
Broke ankle in three places playing football at Hough End thanks to a late tackle.
Cracked wrist playing in goal.
Broke little finger playing in goal. Someone kicked my hand rather than the ball when I pushed away a low cross.

Ankle last December .... a week in hospital to pin and plate it, and ten weeks in a cast, first six non weight bearing ..... still in pain with it, and at the end of the day balloons like feck. Bastid.

MCFCTrick said:
Ankle last December .... a week in hospital to pin and plate it, and ten weeks in a cast, first six non weight bearing ..... still in pain with it, and at the end of the day balloons like feck. Bastid.

You have my sympathy. I was fortunate that mine did not need pinning although spent a week in Withington, parto of which was waiting to see how it was setting IIRC. I was 21 at the time so it healed well and I was playing football again before the season was out. Broke it in ealy October. The ten weeks in a full length cast were not much fun; fortunately my firm paid me in full throughout the absence from work. I was playing for them when it happened but they would have paid me anyhow.

Broken a finger, nose, 2 toes and as a child I fractured my skull. Fell out of bedroom window age 2.

Right wrist age 10, playing football running down the wing, taken out from behind, entire body weight landed on right wrist, apparently you could hear the snap from the other end of the pitch.

Right knee aged 13 falling off bike having braked really hard in icy conditions because some arsehole in a car pulled out far to fast for the conditions. Didn't realise I'd done it (probably because it so was so cold) but I'd banged my head as well so my mum made me go to hospital to check for concussion and they X-rayed my knee as a precaution.

Right ankle playing football aged 19, having previously broken my wrist playing on the wing I discovered that I was a good goalkeeper, any way was stretching to clear a ball just outside the box when I took a hit from the opposition striker right on the ankle at full stretch.

Every digit on both hands, apart from my left thumb, as a result of aforesaid brilliant decision to change from midfield to keeper.

Little finger on right hand (still not straight) helping mates sister to move into a flat, her dad let go of his end of the sofa we were carrying upstairs at the time and my finger lost a three way fight between it, the sofa and the wall.

2 toes on right foot kicking a brick, not on purpose, the ball had hit the brick 1/10th of a second earlier.

2 ribs, football again.

I have to agree that broken ribs are the worst non life threatening break, they take ages to heal, the NHS can do nothing and every time you cough, sneeze, laugh, forget about them and reach for something above shoulder height they hurt like hell.

Also dislocated 2 fingers on right hand (football again) stuck out at 90 degrees to rest of hand, this hurt way more than any break. Ruptured both Achilles tendons which also hurts like a bastard.

To cap it off on fathers day this year ripped a big chunk out of my left hand from the base of the index finger to 3/4 of the way down the palm retrieving my sons cricket ball from over the fence his team mates had hit it over. took out a 4 cm piece of nerve out of it too. One surgery down to repair muscle, more to follow.

Accident prone? Surely not.

Right humerus, fell off a swing aged about 7

Left humerus, fell off a climbing frame aged about 10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.