Ever broken any bones?

Nose, twice. Broken hand, not good as was a wndow cleaner. 2 cracked ribs and 1 broken...2 weeks before I go married! Endured the pain to consumate it tho!,
Not me, but the wife. She was coming downstairs, told her be careful as dog just peed at bottom of stairs, gets off bottom stair, slips, results in both bones snapped near ankle, 2 plates and 12 pins inserted. I had made a right nice tea too. Warmed it up when I finally got back from casualty 6 hrs later.

Nose, twice. Broken hand, not good as was a wndow cleaner. 2 cracked ribs and 1 broken...2 weeks before I go married! Endured the pain to consumate it tho!,
Not me, but the wife. She was coming downstairs, told her be careful as dog just peed at bottom of stairs, gets off bottom stair, slips, results in both bones snapped near ankle, 2 plates and 12 pins inserted. I had made a right nice tea too. Warmed it up when I finally got back from casualty 6 hrs later.

Ring finger on left had - it required pinning and I spent 4 weeks with metal spikes coming out of my hand. When the hospital painkillers ran out (all too soon) I went and showed my gp who took one look and immediately prescribed a huge box of cocodamol. Then, I punched the bed head in my sleep - bending them inside the bone and pushing them slightly further in. Not a good morning wake up , that.

york away to this! said:
I once plunged the prong of a gardening fork straight through my foot at the allotment when I was a kid - no breaks but couldn't find the "Impailment" thread...

As a kid I was "playing" on a building site (as we all used to) when I jumped off a part built wall onto a rusty nail sticking out of a piece of wood. It pierced my trainer sole and went into the arch of my foot but luckily didn't do any major damage. Just soaked the foot in TCP and limped around for a couple of weeks. My parents never even noticed.

Ahh, those were the days. TCP was great for fixing anything. I once got caught off guard by a punch and bit through just below my bottom lip (you could see right through it) but because I was embarrassed about losing a fight - even though I didn't know I was having a fight - I just soaked it in TCP. Tasted a bit funny.

Never broken a bone however.

Knuckle (school fight)
Nose (after school fight)
Chipped Tibia (running out of control down hillside and deciding to use shins and rocky ground as a brake)
2 Bones in hand (altercation with closing car door)
Hole in shoulder blade (disagreement with IRA bomb)
Snapped fibula (studs caught in astro turf)
Not sure if they count as bones exactly, but also had the edge of two teeth chipped off while trying to stop a mate in a runway supermarket trolley from crashing into a car that was coming towards him.

It's been an interesting life so far

willy eckerslike said:
york away to this! said:
I once plunged the prong of a gardening fork straight through my foot at the allotment when I was a kid - no breaks but couldn't find the "Impailment" thread...

As a kid I was "playing" on a building site (as we all used to) when I jumped off a part built wall onto a rusty nail sticking out of a piece of wood. It pierced my trainer sole and went into the arch of my foot but luckily didn't do any major damage. Just soaked the foot in TCP and limped around for a couple of weeks. My parents never even noticed.

Ahh, those were the days. TCP was great for fixing anything. I once got caught off guard by a punch and bit through just below my bottom lip (you could see right through it) but because I was embarrassed about losing a fight - even though I didn't know I was having a fight - I just soaked it in TCP. Tasted a bit funny.

Never broken a bone however.

I shot my mate thru his foot with my air rifle as a kid, pushed the sock in, not sure if he got the pellet out, possibly it worked his way around his blood stream killing him from a massive pulmonary embolism sometime later...we didn't stay in touch.

Broke an arm playing football, was in goal, saved it, broke arm, told me mum it hurt who told me to stop making a fuss and make my own way to the doctors.

BlueBearBoots said:
Yep BM posters seem to be made of glass - don't ever complain about our injuries ever again lol
True BBB - though I bet there's a few on here who have at least tried to 'walk it off' (or even funnier, style it out) before realising there was something seriously wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.