Ever broken any bones?

Broken my collarbone on my right shoulder, then I dislocated that shoulder, then I separated it, then a severe sprain. Really not looking forward to being in my 60's with this thing, arthritis is a practical guarantee according to my doctors.

Broken elbow.

Having sex with a full length pot on your arm can be tricky. Completely affects your balance, especially if you've also had a few drinks.

GrumpyFrog said:
Broke 10 last Sunday which was a personal best. Came off pushbike at 30mph++.
1 clavicle, 7 ribs, 2 vertebrae and a punctured lung. Am sitting in hospital room waiting for discharge right now.
What do I win?

Being discharged is prize enough I should think!!

cibaman said:
Broken elbow.

Having sex with a full length pot on your arm can be tricky. Completely affects your balance, especially if you've also had a few drinks.

Did you need an operation on your elbow ? I shattered my elbow joint into pieces, but they sent me home with a paracetamol and told me not to be so soft. A month later when they realised it was broken, they said it was too late to operate on it. The cunts.

stony said:
cibaman said:
Broken elbow.

Did you need an operation on your elbow ? I shattered my elbow joint into pieces, but they sent me home with a paracetamol and told me not to be so soft. A month later when they realised it was broken, they said it was too late to operate on it. The c**ts.

Broke me elbow as a kid and it was so swollen they couldn't set it properly and had to re brake it the week after

BlueBearBoots said:
stony said:
cibaman said:
Broken elbow.

Did you need an operation on your elbow ? I shattered my elbow joint into pieces, but they sent me home with a paracetamol and told me not to be so soft. A month later when they realised it was broken, they said it was too late to operate on it. The c**ts.

Broke me elbow as a kid and it was so swollen they couldn't set it properly and had to re brake it the week after

First they sent me home and told me the radiologist had finished and because it wasn't a head wound I should come back tomorrow. When I explained how much pain I was in I was told not to be so soft.
I came back in the morning and they x-rayed my arm and missed the shattered elbow. Told me I had a hairline fracture of my arm, I was making a fuss over nothing, and I was to make an appointment for Physio in six weeks. The Physio didn't like what he saw, I had virtually no movement in my arm at all and sent me for another x-ray.
Then I was sent in with another doctor who cheerfully explained that my elbow joint had shattered and the arm should have been operated on and pinned the day after I'd broke it. He could operate now and "make a pretty x-ray picture" but it would be a waste of time.
Luckily my job involved carrying boxes of copier paper by those thin plastic straps, usually two in each hand, so it straightened my arm out, and I got full use of it back.
No thanks to the useless cunts at Bury General.

stony said:
BlueBearBoots said:
stony said:

First they sent me home and told me the radiologist had finished and because it wasn't a head wound I should come back tomorrow. When I explained how much pain I was in I was told not to be so soft.
I came back in the morning and they x-rayed my arm and missed the shattered elbow. Told me I had a hairline fracture of my arm, I was making a fuss over nothing, and I was to make an appointment for Physio in six weeks. The Physio didn't like what he saw, I had virtually no movement in my arm at all and sent me for another x-ray.
Then I was sent in with another doctor who cheerfully explained that my elbow joint had shattered and the arm should have been operated on and pinned the day after I'd broke it. He could operate now and "make a pretty x-ray picture" but it would be a waste of time.
Luckily my job involved carrying boxes of copier paper by those thin plastic straps, usually two in each hand, so it straightened my arm out, and I got full use of it back.
No thanks to the useless c**ts at Bury General.

Virtually the same thing happened to me at Bury General. The did take an X-ray but completely missed the break (how I've no idea as it was a bad one) and instead focused on a break on the same arm that I had as a kid!! Finally found it some days later when I went back; I was in agony :-(

mackenzie said:
stony said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Virtually the same thing happened to me at Bury General. The did take an X-ray but completely missed the break (how I've no idea as it was a bad one) and instead focused on a break on the same arm that I had as a kid!! Finally found it some days later when I went back; I was in agony :-(

you both should have sued for medical malpractice, not for the compensation but because they would then have reviewed procedure and looked at any training issues!

BlueBearBoots said:
mackenzie said:
stony said:

you both should have sued for medical malpractice, not for the compensation but because they would then have reviewed procedure and looked at any training issues!

Something much worse happened to me as a result of a misdiagnosis by my GP when I was in my mid 20's but I didn't do anything then either. Guess I should have done but it was the last thing on my mind tbh

Just bought a single speed fixed gear bike again and these last few pages of broken bones from falling off bikes doesn't fill me with confidence that my clean slate will remain intact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.