Ever seen what goes on inside a slaughterhouse?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Just watched that video. I'm cool with that, lead the cow in, quick shot to the head. Cow feels nothing, we get nice burgers. It's how it all should be.
That’s not always how it works. I have seen cows get more than 1 shot to the head get to their feet and still stagger around the slaughterhouse, then the long pole down the spine. Kosher cows are not allowed to be shot. They are disorientated by being turned upside down in a tumbler device, and their throats are slit wide open, they are unceremoniously dumped to the floor, and still manage to find their feet, with their head hanging off and then stagger around while bleeding to death.Gory and not for the squeamish.

i can just see me turning veggie, ten pints of stella and on the way home longing for a mccartney kebab, or a bean madras, fuck that i dont care if they take em all to trafford and let some rag bstd moan at the twots till the cow kills itself. ill stick with the mixed spech kebab i think

I think a lot of people struggle with the idea of vegetarianism as it's mostly due to pathetic machismo issues.

I've lost count of the number of times some freak has thought my not eating flesh meant it was open season for him to question my sexuality.

I'm sure other veggies will back me up on this. There's a breed of male who thinks eating a steak makes him more of a man than a guy eating vegetables.

Each to their own and all that but really I'm happy with the cock I have swinging between my legs, I'm comfortable with the fact I like girls and as a result don't feel the need to reassert my manliness at every available opportunity.

Forget the cruelty issues for a minute and consider the health risks of eating pigs eyeballs crushed in with horses bollocks and called a 'sausage'.

It's not for me to slate others eating habits but the stick us veggies get is unreal at times. It actually offends some people!

Anyway hari krishna and peace to all, just be careful, I reckon there's only so many animal dicks you can eat before you start to smell a little bit like Pig spunk.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I think a lot of people struggle with the idea of vegetarianism as it's mostly due to pathetic machismo issues.

I've lost count of the number of times some freak has thought my not eating flesh meant it was open season for him to question my sexuality.

I'm sure other veggies will back me up on this. There's a breed of male who thinks eating a steak makes him more of a man than a guy eating vegetables.

Each to their own and all that but really I'm happy with the cock I have swinging between my legs, I'm comfortable with the fact I like girls and as a result don't feel the need to reassert my manliness at every available opportunity.

Forget the cruelty issues for a minute and consider the health risks of eating pigs eyeballs crushed in with horses bollocks and called a 'sausage'.

It's not for me to slate others eating habits but the stick us veggies get is unreal at times. It actually offends some people!

Anyway hari krishna and peace to all, just be careful, I reckon there's only so many animal dicks you can eat before you start to smell a little bit like Pig spunk.

Couldn't give a shite about being macho, I just like to eat meat. Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Game, Coney. As long as it tastes nice, and is humanely butchered, I couldn't give a toss.

At the end of the day, the animal has to be killed and there are humane methods of doing it. My ex's dad, (sadly no longer with us), used to work at the abatoir near COMS and he told me a good few stories about how they go about the killings. The best one was the bullet to the cows brain. The cow is clamped into some cushioned grips and someone aims a pressurized gun at its head, firing a solid cylinder at the head to kill it. It falls in an instant, if done right. He told how how on one occasion it 'went wrong' and the cow managed to go that berzerk it broke free of the grips. Not a good time to be a 10 stone, average height male! I used to love it though as me and the ex had just bought our first home and we would always have fresh steak for tea, huge fillets of beef for Sundays and countless supplies of chicken, all free too. RIP Andy, top, top bloke if ever there was one.

stony said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Couldn't give a shite about being macho, I just like to eat meat. Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Game, Coney. As long as it tastes nice, and is humanely butchered, I couldn't give a toss.

That's cool. If you were eating all of that in front of me I wouldn't comment, it wouldn't offend me, I'd just get on with it. That's all I ask non vegetarians to do in return when eating with me.

There's only one thing worse than a smart arsed veggie lecturing flesh eaters on their crimes and that's a meat eater who thinks that because he eat a steak last Thursday he is a real man and has the right to lecture ME on what I eat.

I'm no veggie but I do buy all my meat from my local butcher who sources all his meat from local farms and even has his own slaughter house.

Have a read of "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser if you want to know about what goes on in the industrial scale meat industry.

jacko74 said:
SharpDressedMan said:
You know I really don't care as long as there's meat on my plate

I mean not to sound like a dick, the animal's can't contribute to society

I'll probably get flamed for this post but whatever

Thats interesting, did you know studies have shown that psychopaths and serial killers have been shown to have no compassion towards animals? Hows your relationship with your mother?

There is a difference between showing compassion for animals and showing compassion for a lump of cooked meat

I wish I could give up red meat for health issues. But in reality I'm weak, I'd much rather eat steaks and bacon in the short term than possibly live an extra few years long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.