Ever seen what goes on inside a slaughterhouse?

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Could be worse. We could be chasing the fuckers around a field with a bow and arrow. Skinning them alive using their hide to cloth us, meat to sustain us... oh wait. Let's all cloth ourselves with flowers and hug trees.

Once upon a time we had no choice. I'm not judging meat eaters, all I'm asking for us the same respect from meat eaters to vegetarians.

The fact is that it's 2010, we have choices and can cloth, feed and support ourselves without killing others. A lion has no option so it kills other animals to eat and live, that's fine, that's nature and life in action.

However, I could never kill an animal, I see it as perverted in all honesty and I'm sure most of the macho men on here would go veggie if meat eating involved directly killing your victims as opposed to paying for others to do it for them.

I'm no tree hugger but I do believe in being an evolved species who has choices.

It's all about choice baby!

Pigeonho said:
jamiegrimble said:
Spot on there with all that info. Whilst there I was also told how a cow broke loose before they had a chance to shoot it. Terrifying those on the slaughterhouse floor. That may be the same incident, not sure. A few more techniques that went on there. Pigs are supposed to be gassed first till dead, then lowered head first into scalding water tubs in view of hygiene. I never saw pigs getting gassed. Just lowered screaming and howling into the scalding water alive. There is one particular violent act, that I will never forget, committed by 2 young slaughter men who took it upon themselves to show off for my benefit. They had a wager that they could knock a sheep out with a crowbar and kill it instantly. The sheep rose to its feet after the first strike obviously seriously hurt, but not dead. You can imagine what goes on next. Barbaric. About the free stuff. There was a security guy always on the door, but the porters always had ways round that.

Couldn't tell if you were being sarcy or not? Anyways, sounds like you were there and if that did go on, well then oviously that is not right. I know Andy wouldn't have stood for that, it would have been stamped out immediately, however he had been there since the early 80's and was one of the old school. The fact you said they were showing off tells its own story. You can only hope one of those cows which break free manage to reach one of those nob heads and cause some real damage. Was it the abbatoir near our stadium you worked? He, (the ex's dad), eventually contracted lung cancer, having never smoked in his life. As it was diagnosed he told the family how a few months earlier a cow carcass had come loose and landed on his chest as he slipped to try and steady it. He believes that triggered the cancer. He always had this way of looking at it ironically though, never a mard-arse. He looked at it in a funny way that he had possibly caught cancer through working in a slaughter house. Top bloke.
Yep that’s the one beside Phillips park graveyard. I would tend to go with your ex Dads hunch. You wouldn’t believe the risks to health as I have mentioned in an earlier post, concerning diseased organs. contracting Anthrax, was the biggest fear.

A lion eats meat because thats what it's diet needs. Not because it has no choice.

Humans are meat eaters too as well as veg.
If someone chooses to be a veggie then so be it but frankly how you can not want bacon or steak is beyond me.
My mates mrs is a veggie but eats quorn chicken style burgers. Which I pull her on all the time. Why the hell are they Chicken style. Theres even a veggie version of bacon. Despite being pointless it's impossible. Bacon is bacon.

And maybe not all but some veggies are poncy about it. (not questioning sexuality). It's meat. We used to hunt now we get it killed for us. Stop saying it's cruel. There are obviously ways to do it humanely that should be adhered to. same with the rearing of the animal. (it makes for better meat).
As for the fish thing. If some veggies think they have a freer life send them to a fish farm were they're tightly packed in and filter their own faeces.
And having a clearer conscience eating veg? Who's to say they don't feel pain?

PJMCC1UK said:

I'll say it, plants don't feel pain.

I would miss bacon though.

PJMCC1UK said:
A lion eats meat because thats what it's diet needs. Not because it has no choice.

If someone chooses to be a veggie then so be it but frankly how you can not want bacon or steak is beyond me.
My mates mrs is a veggie but eats quorn chicken style burgers. Which I pull her on all the time. Why the hell are they Chicken style. Theres even a veggie version of bacon. Despite being pointless it's impossible. Bacon is bacon.

And maybe not all but some veggies are poncy about it. (not questioning sexuality). It's meat. We used to hunt now we get it killed for us. Stop saying it's cruel. There are obviously ways to do it humanely that should be adhered to. same with the rearing of the animal. (it makes for better meat).
As for the fish thing. If some veggies think they have a freer life send them to a fish farm were they're tightly packed in and filter their own faeces.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with eating Quorn 'meat style' products. Similar taste is all it means without all the blood and guts. Works for me.

TheMightyQuinn said:
PJMCC1UK said:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with eating Quorn 'meat style' products. Similar taste is all it means without all the blood and guts. Works for me.

everyone to there own mighty m8 but similar taste Quorn? now i know you are high m8! :)

leewill31 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

everyone to there own mighty m8 but similar taste Quorn? now i know you are high m8! :)

I eat a lot of Quorn in stuff like chillies and curries so by the time you've got all the sauces on and stuff there's not much difference anyway. Spicy bean burgers are nicer than meat burgers anyway in my opinion so that's cool and I can still eat chips so that's all that really matters :) Starving now!

I've just been living with a veggie housemate for the last few months and she was a lovely girl and that, but she really fuckin wound me up when it came to meal time. She'd act as if she was more enlightened and more developed human being than me because of her dietary choice. If for one moment she witnessed me enjoying my food she'd say things like 'uhhh you wouldn't be eating that if you knew what parts of the animal they use...' and so on and so on. Not once did i ever feel the need to remind her that the vegetables she was eating were grown in horse shit.

She did introduce me to Spicy Bean Burgers though, which are well nice yo.

TheMightyQuinn said:
leewill31 said:

I eat a lot of Quorn in stuff like chillies and curries so by the time you've got all the sauces on and stuff there's not much difference anyway. Spicy bean burgers are nicer than meat burgers anyway in my opinion so that's cool and I can still eat chips so that's all that really matters :) Starving now!

Quorn stuff is great.

It fucking pisses me off when people say "why are you eating quorn meat products if you dont like meat?" I get this said AT me a lot, its like how stupid can you get?! Im not on a protest against beef burgers I am on a protest against the killing that goes into those burgers. Quorn works for me, Its not great but some of the stuff is ok, I like bean burgers too.

I never seem to say anything to my meat eating friends and I keep quiet about my own vegetarianism, most of the time I change subject because it almost feels as if it is something to be embarassed about. As soon as the V word comes up a friends Dad will but in with some homosexual notion attached to eating flesh.... god knows

Been a veggie for about...4-5 months now and I have no desires to go back.

As TMQ said, We are at a point now where we can make anything we need, be it clothes, food...new body parts for christ sake...

Submitting living creatures to a systematic and painful butchering just seems archaic.

As supposedly Da Vinci said and if not its still a good quote "the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men".

BlueSam said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Quorn stuff is great.

It fucking pisses me off when people say "why are you eating quorn meat products if you dont like meat?" I get this said AT me a lot, its like how stupid can you get?! Im not on a protest against beef burgers I am on a protest against the killing that goes into those burgers. Quorn works for me, Its not great but some of the stuff is ok, I like bean burgers too.

I never seem to say anything to my meat eating friends and I keep quiet about my own vegetarianism, most of the time I change subject because it almost feels as if it is something to be embarassed about. As soon as the V word comes up a friends Dad will but in with some homosexual notion attached to eating flesh.... god knows

Been a veggie for about...4-5 months now and I have no desires to go back.

As TMQ said, We are at a point now where we can make anything we need, be it clothes, food...new body parts for christ sake...

Submitting living creatures to a systematic and painful butchering just seems archaic.

As supposedly Da Vinci said and if not its still a good quote "the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men".

Top post mate.

Basically what I was trying to say!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.