Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The thing is about Nunes - he's great when he's driving forward and creating options but it takes time to cement a solid place in a team . Bernardo , Rodri are good examples of that . Plenty of criticism of those two in their first season but when they grew into their roles that Pep moulded for them then they became undroppable. In time it's hoped that Nunes can develop a little more aggression or less timidity in keeping the ball in tight situations. Confidence is a big factor in all of this. He has the skill set no doubt it .
I thought Nunes was good last night, ran out of steam a bit but covered a huge amount of ground.

The media will always throw red meat to United fans. They use them for ratings and clicks. I just chuckle to myself when they run with United DNA, United in Crisis, United the most in form team. They just are just dangling the raw chicken for the alligator.

I don't find the US broadcasts to be anti-City. There just isn't a lot of incentive to portray an anti-City message to US audiences.
When your fan base is so heavily laden with plastic glory hunters that haven't/won't ever step foot in Manchester, you're always gonna be cash cows. They don't even realise it. That's how oblivious they are.

Last night at the final whistle I was pleased. I mean, deeply chuffed.

But I'm getting a kind of delayed reaction today — I feel downright proud. That was, finally, My Manchester City. That was a genuine, patented, Manchester City Performance, maybe the first of the season, in the league at any rate.
By the end of January, I think we'll have a clearer idea. But we can do this. No question. I believe, Lord do I believe.

Yeah, the City that are Champions of everything turned up for the second half with a performance that had a bit of everything good (not that we weren't good for much of the first half).

Mahrez wasn't that different to Bernardo both are more likely to come inside both will keep possesion rather than dribble. Truth is Pep likes the control Grealish gives and while Doku offers something different he'll be expected to add some of Grealish's attributes to his game.Sane's inability to do that is why Pep never fully trusted him.

Disagree on Sane.

Guardiola's gripe was his inability to get back and help the team. Similar annoyance with Aguero before he got the msg.

it was a pen for me and if at the other end Everton would have wanted it.

problem is our officials are shite and obvious handballs like this have not been given in other games which causes these debates also because in studio pundits are gobshites
The ref wasn't going to give the pen until the linesman intervened. Without his intervention, no pen and VAR would've stayed with the onfield decision.

Commentary team would no doubt say that Everton got away with one then.

Go figure.

I think it's much more Pep "inspired" as that is how Pep wants it.

Doku is unpredictable at the moment, I don't think Pep likes unpredictable, no matter what the fans want/like.

Well, as I've just said, it's the teamwork in defence that bothers our manager more than what happens in the final third otherwise why buy Doku? That last bit is up to the players hence why he wants courage and the ability to be brave in that region. Defence and mid has always been Guardiola's 'control' marker.

It's also another reason why he wants Haaland to be more involved in the team game play.

The ref wasn't going to give the pen until the linesman intervened. Without his intervention, no pen and VAR would've stayed with the onfield decision.

Commentary team would no doubt say that Everton got away with one then.

Go figure.
Credit to the linesman. Not sure what view the ref had but nice to see the lino (a) see the incident; and (b) have the balls to make a decision.... and also some credit to the ref as well, he could have over-ruled his lino but didn't. I couldn't see why Dyche was frothing over the decision, it was one of the more clear cut handballs you'll see (imho).

Disagree on Sane.

Guardiola's gripe was his inability to get back and help the team. Similar annoyance with Aguero before he got the msg.
Sane did get back, he wasn’t lazy and often chased back. We play a high line possesion game, our one big weakness is that leaves us open to turnovers and counter attacks. Sane’s weakness was not knowing when to pass or pause to keep possession. Thats why Pep plays players like Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish they all understand that, Doku will also need to understand that,signs are he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.