Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

After we went down a goal and the team keeps playing like this with full confidence, said to myself’you got to respect this team and pep .
Made a mistake but instead of lumping long balls to their box and trying to respond , they just stuck with the same philosophy without any sign of panic unlike the matchday wankers.

I was on it for 10 mins, wrote "It feels like we're trying to walk it in" and saw loads of "the league's gone!"/ "Were shit!" after the first goal.

I quit the thread after reading that other shite.

It is something like a combination of painting a masterpiece and doing a high-wire act. If anything goes even slightly wrong, it's the opposition potentially through on goal. It is in any case potential danger. It takes nerves of steel.
I'm fascinated to watch it. Also terrified.

I'll add to that with watching Ederson slide a pass inches from the oppo boot into the midfield!

My heart stops every time but he's nonchalant like 'what's everyone panicking for?'!

The players don't even bother their arses when he does it when I'd be like 'What the Fuck Ed?!! Clear the fucker!'! That man's no good for my heart!

Sane did get back, he wasn’t lazy and often chased back. We play a high line possesion game, our one big weakness is that leaves us open to turnovers and counter attacks. Sane’s weakness was not knowing when to pass or pause to keep possession. Thats why Pep plays players like Bernardo, Mahrez, Grealish they all understand that, Doku will also need to understand that,signs are he does.

Agree to disagree on Sane cos we clearly see different things.

What I do know is that his chasing back took time for him to get into as he'd often be walking back after losing possession high up the pitch.

I think the point is somewhere in the middle of both ours; Guardiola didn't mind the forward line being creative, but wanted the players to recover the ball if they lost it. Sané gravitated towards that eventually, but he had already made up his mind to leave when Guardiola wanted him to stay.

(not that we weren't good for much of the first half).

I keep making the point: we were just about as good in the first half as in the second. That is the plain truth of the matter. Pickford kept us out in the first half. Not in the second (and by the way his mistake is a cumulative result of sustained, relentless pressure — even then Bernardo had a lot to do).
And we made a horrendous mistake in our box in the first half. That is really the sum total of what Everton offered (goodish save from Harrison shortly after it).
Bernardo made the point in an interview a couple of weeks back. It's been fine margins. It really has.

I keep making the point: we were just about as good in the first half as in the second. That is the plain truth of the matter. Pickford kept us out in the first half. Not in the second (and by the way his mistake is a cumulative result of sustained, relentless pressure — even then Bernardo had a lot to do).
And we made a horrendous mistake in our box in the first half. That is really the sum total of what Everton offered (goodish save from Harrison shortly after it).
Bernardo made the point in an interview a couple of weeks back. It's been fine margins. It really has.
Everton had a 15 -20 minute period, where they pushed forward & scored after a series of defensive mistakes from us in quick succession.

The previous 15 minutes & the last 10 of the first half was mostly all City. As you say, Pickford played out of his skin, added to some profligate & wild finishing from us. Has the ball from Rodri's wild swing landed yet?

We tightened things up in the second half & became more clinical. As Everton's physicality began to wane, we took total control.

It was the work we did in the first half that softened the Scousers up in the second.

It was a good over all display from us. Not our very best throughout, but we had extended periods where we did show our very best. Hopefully we'll show more of this per match to a greater degree over the coming weeks.

The main observation that for a small man , Phil has one of the most powerful shots in our squad. I can only think of Kev and possibly Rodri with a harder shot.

Thankfully he does seem to be taking more shots from outside the area.

That last bit 'he's just throwing himself in front of it to try and block the ball, that's it' says it all.
He threw himself in front with no regard to where the ball would hit him. It hit him on a raised arm, so it's a penalty.
Most fouls are committed when a player 'just' goes in for tackle, but misjudges or is a bit late. It's still a foul. no difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.