Everton (A) Post Match Thread

He will be a super sub for last 20 mins if we need him or to give others a rest, I genuinely think the way we play now Aguero will be down the pecking order.
Sergio has never been at his best coming on as a sub, exept for the odd occasion and his debut vs Swansea. A super sub he will never be. And we don’t need Sergio or anyone to be a super sub. Sergio if fit will play his part right or left, no worries.

Not a mahrez fan but would say his first touch is the best in world football, the only 2 in our squad that come close are foden and Bernardo.
The frustrating thing is that in terms of raw skill Mahrez is arguably our most gifted player. He was unplayable last night but he has to become more consistent and work harder in all our games. That said that I think Pep is managing the entire squad brilliantly this season and everyone is playing their part by producing the best football I have ever seen.
We have never dictated the pace of matches like we are doing now. We used to blow teams away in 20 minute spells but now we are toying with our opponents and resting at the same time. This is the sign of a truly great side. This is what Brazil did in the heat of the Mexico World Cup in 1970. A sort of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow routine. No one has ever done this in this country (Ajax did it in Europe for a bit in the 70s)

I could be wrong about this but I thought Dixon was a city fan?
He’s changed his tune over the years. I’ve no idea what he’s calling himself at the moment, but when he was a regular pundit on itv he described himself on air as as “an Arsenal fan; grew up a City fan, but an Arsenal fan” - that was what he said, or words almost identical.

Everton set up to replicate a cold wet night at Stoke and bully City with their selection of big lads. Surprised Duncan Ferguson was not brought on as a late substitute. A tough physical game. Ultimately Everton outplayed and run off their feet by City.

None of those players in our team were regarded as world class when we signed them. In fact we were mocked by the media for buying Stones, Walker, Sterling and even KDB. They said Rodri was too slow and Cancelo had flopped in his first season. Pep has made them world class just like the players he brought through from Barcelona's B team.
He built one of the greatest teams the world has seen at Barcelona. Lee Dixon would never have got in any of Pep's teams. Not ahead of Zinchenko nor Delph. Dixon was too slow and too poor technically, even at his peak. What he has to say about Pep has no value.
This is a key point. But honest question. Which of our players playing without Peps systems are genuinely world class? Or are we a World Class team with very good players?
Kun in his day perhaps And definitely KDB. Diaz and Foden have the potential and Raz on his game?
Buy which of our players would command World Class prices?

Dogs Of War tactics didn't work for Everton. Tom Davies makes Fred look half decent.

The frustrating thing is that in terms of raw skill Mahrez is arguably our most gifted player. He was unplayable last night but he has to become more consistent and work harder in all our games. That said that I think Pep is managing the entire squad brilliantly this season and everyone is playing their part by producing the best football I have ever seen.
We have never dictated the pace of matches like we are doing now. We used to blow teams away in 20 minute spells but now we are toying with our opponents and resting at the same time. This is the sign of a truly great side. This is what Brazil did in the heat of the Mexico World Cup in 1970. A sort of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow routine. No one has ever done this in this country (Ajax did it in Europe for a bit in the 70s)
Yep this season it’s noticeable we play in devastating 5/10-minute bursts and then drop off to conserve energy

About time we dropped the 'ffs' and treat riyad like any other player who can have stormers and off days ... on his game unplayable
I agree with your comment about dropping the ffs it’s childish. However, Mahrez has many more off days than stormers which doesn’t help in the popularity stakes. Kills a ball like nobody else so it’s what he does with it afterwards. No doubt about his goal it was pure class. You know the saying that your only as good as your last game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.