Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Is that Paul Merson’s verdict? Sky missed one when they had a clear out of the old deadwood.

View attachment 10753
Got to love merse, lets give him the same review format.

SKY
Paul Merson
Studio pundit --- £=too much

Paul was an average player who was
rumoured to blow £200000 a week at the bookies.
Did he get this verdict on Yaya right? No.
Does he give intelligent insight? No.
Does he seem to hate City? Yeah--
but most of the pundits at sky
do that job already!

BLUE-EYES VERDICT: *WANKER

Got to love merse, lets give him the same review format.

SKY
Paul Merson
Studio pundit --- £=too much

Paul was an average player who was
rumoured to blow £200000 a week at the bookies.
Did he get this verdict on Yaya right? No.
Does he give intelligent insight? No.
Does he seem to hate City? Yeah--
but most of the pundits at sky
do that job already!

BLUE-EYES VERDICT: *WANKER
Why did they keep him on? He sounds like a coked up middle aged drunk never has-been, what am I talking about? That is exactly what he is.

Reminded me of Dave a couple of times last night

Yes. I'm glad Pep felt the need to single him out after the game and recognise what he is giving us right now.

Pundits are lemmings and don't have a clue, said as soon as Mahrez scored that great goal, they would give him man of match for it.

The reality was, Bernardo used his ball retention to get us out of every press and his energy levels are unrivalled for weeks.

It maybe just goes to show what a genuine guy he is, how adversely that racism accusation dragged him down so much?

He doesn't have a racist bone in his body and it rightly had the undesired effect on anyone who genuinely abhors it.

Bernie is back to his very best and I could watch him all day. Love the guy.

Every one of our wingers gets stick on here because they 'frustrate' with the way they play. We know they have the ability to get past full backs down the line and when they don't they get slagged off. It's sort of understandable but misses the whole picture.
Guardiola would happily have 2 wingers stood out wide doing nowt if it means the opposition have to use 4 men to keep them quiet. He sticks one out wide every game and it's usually Mahrez or Sterling. They're doing exactly what the manager tells them, and if the instruction is 'stay wide and keep the ball' then 'blaming' the player is daft.

Absolutely.
They did their "job" last night.
On other occasions pep will ask them to rotate, as at West Brom. Some posters probably think they are being "lazy" ha ha, at least that is what i read on here.

Every one of our wingers gets stick on here because they 'frustrate' with the way they play. We know they have the ability to get past full backs down the line and when they don't they get slagged off. It's sort of understandable but misses the whole picture.
Guardiola would happily have 2 wingers stood out wide doing nowt if it means the opposition have to use 4 men to keep them quiet. He sticks one out wide every game and it's usually Mahrez or Sterling. They're doing exactly what the manager tells them, and if the instruction is 'stay wide and keep the ball' then 'blaming' the player is daft.
That should go in the raz thread

Yes. I'm glad Pep felt the need to single him out after the game and recognise what he is giving us right now.

Pundits are lemmings and don't have a clue, said as soon as Mahrez scored that great goal, they would give him man of match for it.

The reality was, Bernardo used his ball retention to get us out of every press and his energy levels are unrivalled for weeks.

It maybe just goes to show what a genuine guy he is, how adversely that racism accusation dragged him down so much?

He doesn't have a racist bone in his body and it rightly had the undesired effect on anyone who genuinely abhors it.

Bernie is back to his very best and I could watch him all day. Love the guy.
I've only seen it once but in my head his play leading upto the Mahrez finish was pure football. Moved the ball and other players around to fit the move he saw. I'm gonna find it now and have a look at how many touches he had before that gorgeous ball to Mahrez.

Who TF has been abusing Laporte on Twitter about his performance? Anyone seen any examples as he put his profile private. Some fucking weird cunts about, he wasn't even our worst player yesterday. And we have won 17 on the trot.
That’s appalling to read about, and a bang out of order thing to do, fully agreed.
I do think he was our worst performing player last night though.

Used to play footie with Lee;
nice lad and his Dad a top bloke.
I imagine he sees himself as one of the more cerebral pundits ( not hard ) , but his logic let him down badly last night.
Yeah, I've played a fair bit of golf with Roy over the years. I guess when your hobby becomes your profession it looses a bit of the magic that first attracted you to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.