Everton (a) post-match thread

The question here is whether this pic is BEFORE, DURING or AFTER the ball makes contact with Rodri.

It is only important if it is DURING, in which case it is definitely a borderline decision either way.

Given that, it was NOT a “clear and obvious error.”

The ref said he couldn’t see it. He relied on VAR, and VAR clearly determined they couldn’t say it WAS handball, based on the new “T-shirt line” handball definition in the LoTG.

View attachment 37462
There is no mention of T-shirt in the laws.

No, deliberate is not a factor. No such thing now as "accidental" handball, only technical questions about position of the arm and proximity (too close to avoid the ball).

The red pundits said that about the TAA handball at Anfield!
Refining that answer a bit.... deliberate is still there in the law but it's a bit pointless now that a non-deliberate handball (e.g. with the arm in an unnatural position) can be given as handball.

"
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball"

It's in the guidance, is it? Or is it another piece of media nonsense?

And what is this red zone/green zone thing supposed to mean anyway? Is it where the centre of the ball touches? Any of the ball touches? Any of the ball in the green zone whether the ball is touching or not?

For what it is worth, I think the referees generally give decisions honestly based on the laws and the guidance they receive, but no-one explains the decisions to supporters, media and especially stupid pundits.

No wonder no-one watching can understand what is going on.

The question here is whether this pic is BEFORE, DURING or AFTER the ball makes contact with Rodri.

It is only important if it is DURING, in which case it is definitely a borderline decision either way.

Given that, it was NOT a “clear and obvious error.”

The ref said he couldn’t see it. He relied on VAR, and VAR clearly determined they couldn’t say it WAS handball, based on the new “T-shirt line” handball definition in the LoTG.

View attachment 37462
You win some, you lose some. How many penalties have we been denied over the years?
I remember being at Southampton a couple of seasons ago when Aguero was booted in the penalty area, went down, then was booked for diving! We all know of countless less obvious ones, but, VAR's doing well for us this season - at last. Whoever complains, fuck'em!

It’s in quotes to simplify what I was talking about. Let’s not play dumb.

####

Ifab Law 12: Fouls and misconduct

Handling the ball:

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.
My edit: This is being commonly referred to as the T-Shirt line.

It is an offence if a player:

- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

- scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

- after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:

— scores in the opponents’ goal
— creates a goal-scoring opportunity
— touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
. the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
. the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
- directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
- if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger.

####

A picture, with green and red zones was posted earlier.

I hope that is sufficient clarification?

You win some, you lose some. How many penalties have we been denied over the years?
I remember being at Southampton a couple of seasons ago when Aguero was booted in the penalty area, went down, then was booked for diving! We all know of countless less obvious ones, but, VAR's doing well for us this season - at last. Whoever complains, fuck'em!
I think we would ALL like VAR to simply be fair and unbiased. In the absence of that, I’ll gladly take it working in our favor every now and then, because it rarely feels like ANY ref decision does.

5581B5E1-707E-4FAC-8058-7C981D3A27A2.jpeg

This wasn’t even given as a foul, let alone a penalty and a red card!

Last edited:
That hurt my head reading that.
VAR deemed It was not a penalty because there was an offside in the build up to the handball. simple.
No...incorrect. Read it again. There was no offside in the build up to the handball, the offside occurred afterwards.

Fuck you Cilla Black, Fuck you Jamie Carragher, Fuck you John Barnes, Fuck you Liam Neeson, Fuck you Samuel Jackson, Fuck you Daniel Craig, Fuck you Steven Gerrard, Fuck you Danny Murphy, Fuck you Steve Mcmanamon, Fuck you Kelly Dalglish, Fuck you Mike Myers, Fuck you Dr Dre, Fuck you Angelina Jolie, Fuck you John Bishop, Fuck you Nelson Mandela, Fuck you Ricky Tomlinson, Fuck you Michael Owen, Fuck you Lebron James, Fuck you John Aldridge, Fuck you Ian Rush, Fuck you Kenny Dalglish, Fuck you Phil Thompson, Fuck the Merseyside Police, fuck the biased refs and commentators, Fuck you Kilppety Klopp and Fuck you each and every bin dipping vermin bus attacking cunts!
Fuck you All!
Fuck you!
John Bishop is half Manc, he married a Manchester girl and lived here for a long period of time during his Manchester University day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.