Everton (a) post-match thread

Even if they don't agree with their interpretation on the handball itself, they can't argue that they shouldn't have also checked for an offside in the build up. They never said it wasn't offside, they said it wasn't the reason they dismissed it.

I don't even think we need lines to see Richarlison was offside:

This is a split second before he strikes the ball:
View attachment 37328

and a split second after:
View attachment 37330
Personally, I think he looks offside in both frames.

So, at worst it's the right call for the wrong reason. I've even seen someone claiming "there was a throw in before it happened so it couldn't have been offside", which is just bizarre and shows they probably know it was offside.
Apart from the clear offside (lino flagging I think), the spin on the ball caused it to arc towards Rodri's arm anyway. Nothing he could do about it.

Apart from the clear offside (lino flagging I think), the spin on the ball caused it to arc towards Rodri's arm anyway. Nothing he could do about it.
….other than not put his arm out and lean into it, of course!

It wasn’t given. Untold gallons of piss was boiled. City win and got 3 very valuable points. We move on, expecting that to be the last VAR decision we will get for the rest of the season now that every media mouthpiece says “we got away with one!”

No...incorrect. Read it again. There was no offside in the build up to the handball, the offside occurred afterwards.
Incorrect, there may have been an offside in the build but no flag came and apparently it wasn't checked. There was an offside later in the move which was flagged.

first half didnt make good entertainment from the terraces, everton really battled with us and pressed, quicker to snatch the ball than we where. All made a first half of about 2 shits on target.

second half was better, we got the passes together and looked the most likely to score all the half.

dictated possesion, we had far more passes, we had more corners, we had more shots. But according to MOTD we got a stuffy given goal and ref was on our side with pen ( even though the whole game the ref was very pro Everton ) and everton deserved the game....... so full of shit.

I thought we were good value for the three points, but let's be honest - it was a definite handball by Rodri and if it had been the other way around we'd be fuming.

It's about time we got a handball decision in our favour though. The most recent ones I can remember were 2 shockers against Spurs and one against Liverpool.

Huge win...

I thought we were good value for the three points, but let's be honest - it was a definite handball by Rodri and if it had been the other way around we'd be fuming.

It's about time we got a handball decision in our favour though. The most recent ones I can remember were 2 shockers against Spurs and one against Liverpool.

Huge win...
It was an accidental handball though, I think that’s the critique Kavanagh on VAR used. As @Inter Me Nan posted Kavanagh is a Rag fan so he’s applied sky blue thinking there, however he did give a West Ham equaliser a couple of weeks ago when the ball went in off Dawson’s arm, very similar area to Rodders.

It was an accidental handball though, I think that’s the critique Kavanagh on VAR used. As @Inter Me Nan posted Kavanagh is a Rag fan so he’s applied sky blue thinking there, however he did give a West Ham equaliser a couple of weeks ago when the ball went in off Dawson’s arm, very similar area to Rodders.
I don't know to be honest. I thought it looked like Rodri moved his arm out towards the ball. The only saving grace was that there were no Everton players around him, so it's hardly like it stopped them scoring or something.

My point is that we got away with one. On another day, with a different ref, they might have given that, and if the ref on Sat had given it, there's no way they'd overturn it!

But I'll also point out that there's no way we're favourably treated by refs. Compare us to Liverpool who get penalty after penalty for very little! It's the first time since Swansea in the FA cup that we've benefitted from a bad decision. We've probably had 20+ bad decisions against us in that time.

Incorrect, there may have been an offside in the build but no flag came and apparently it wasn't checked. There was an offside later in the move which was flagged.

The offside would have been checked had the VAR decided it was handball.

There's no point wasting time checking for offside when the decision makes no difference.

It's a bit like Liverpool fans assuming we were guilty of the charges that CAS deemed to be time barred.

Last edited:

Huge win...
Unless you have a picture showing it hitting his arm and not the sleeve then nothing definite about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.