Everton (a) post-match thread

That's a bit red scouse.

Thought they were better than that?
Why did they boo our players, especially Sterling, the entire match? I thought it was pathetic, especially considering the great spirit shown at the start of the match to support Ukraine. It backfired though because it certainly fired us up in the second half.
I don't blame them for being gutted about the penalty shout. It was a blatant penalty in my view but we have suffered badly from VAR in the past so were probably due one. The formal complaint about the decision though is embarrassing.

Unless you have a picture showing it hitting his arm and not the sleeve then nothing definite about it.
I don't think a picture tells the full story. If you watch the clip the ball is moving relatively slowly, the spin takes it away from Rodri and he moves his arm out, towards the ball to cushion it down. It was just a natural reaction for Rodri to do it - no time to think. But going off my very limited experience of playing football I do think that's a handball.

I think looking at Rodri Immediately afterwards, he thinks it's a pen. Look at the reaction of the crowd behind the goal, everyone calls for it.

I'm as biased towards City as anyone and I reckon it was stonewall. I'm not saying we're cheats. I'm not saying the refs have won us three points etc. I just think the ref has made an honest mistake (was hard for him and the linesman to determine if it was or not in real-time), but he definitely should have checked it on the monitor and if he had I'm under no doubt he'd have given a pen.

I don't think a picture tells the full story. If you watch the clip the ball is moving relatively slowly, the spin takes it away from Rodri and he moves his arm out, towards the ball to cushion it down. It was just a natural reaction for Rodri to do it - no time to think. But going off my very limited experience of playing football I do think that's a handball.

I think looking at Rodri Immediately afterwards, he thinks it's a pen. Look at the reaction of the crowd behind the goal, everyone calls for it.

I'm as biased towards City as anyone and I reckon it was stonewall. I'm not saying we're cheats. I'm not saying the refs have won us three points etc. I just think the ref has made an honest mistake (was hard for him and the linesman to determine if it was or not in real-time), but he definitely should have checked it on the monitor and if he had I'm under no doubt he'd have given a pen.
I think it should be handball, but by the current rules ,the t-shirt line,there was no definitive image that shows any reason for VAR to over rule the on field decision.

To settle an argument, I've looked at the full handball incident again from start to finish, paused it, played it in slow motion etc

I now think that the ref gave a free kick for offside in the follow up play after the ball was cleared. The left back was flagged offside (even though he wasn't). This is kind of confirmed by where the free kick was taken from, with the ref making Eddie move it back twice

However I'm 90% sure Richarlison was offside. If the pen was awarded (and that's a big IF) I suspect that VAR would have then gone back to look at the offside and the pen would have been overturned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.