Everton (a) post-match thread

I thought if the ball hits the shirt sleeve it wasn't handball
It isn’t.

The ball didn’t hit his sleeve. (Well, the vast majority didn’t)

We don’t lose the win if we admit we got lucky on the handball call. We can even say that it would have been offside.

Saying that it isn’t handball is disingenuous.

I'm not getting into a pantomime, "Oh no it isn't/oh yes it is!" with you but it's not blatant due to the added confusion on the new shirtline rule. Due to that rule var and the ref ruled it wasn't conclusive. Was I relieved? Yes. Would I be pissed off if I was Everton? Yes. It wasn't given, we had no say in the decision, end of story. We've been on the end of some ourselves and some have gone our way, Saturday was the latter. That still doesn't make it a blatant handball.
No, the fact the vast majority of the hall hit his arm and not his sleeve made it handball.

The VAR referee didn’t think so and pretty much everyone in the world of football, barring a minority on here, think he made a mistake.

We lose nothing by saying it was handball as it probably would have been offside anyway. It just seems bizarre to suggest it wasn’t blatant handball.

Fuck you Cilla Black, Fuck you Jamie Carragher, Fuck you John Barnes, Fuck you Liam Neeson, Fuck you Samuel Jackson, Fuck you Daniel Craig, Fuck you Steven Gerrard, Fuck you Danny Murphy, Fuck you Steve Mcmanamon, Fuck you Kelly Dalglish, Fuck you Mike Myers, Fuck you Dr Dre, Fuck you Angelina Jolie, Fuck you John Bishop, Fuck you Nelson Mandela, Fuck you Ricky Tomlinson, Fuck you Michael Owen, Fuck you Lebron James, Fuck you John Aldridge, Fuck you Ian Rush, Fuck you Kenny Dalglish, Fuck you Phil Thompson, Fuck the Merseyside Police, fuck the biased refs and commentators, Fuck you Kilppety Klopp and Fuck you each and every bin dipping vermin bus attacking ****!
Fuck you All!
Fuck you!
That's impressive, Madchester, good work!

Fuck you Cilla Black, Fuck you Jamie Carragher, Fuck you John Barnes, Fuck you Liam Neeson, Fuck you Samuel Jackson, Fuck you Daniel Craig, Fuck you Steven Gerrard, Fuck you Danny Murphy, Fuck you Steve Mcmanamon, Fuck you Kelly Dalglish, Fuck you Mike Myers, Fuck you Dr Dre, Fuck you Angelina Jolie, Fuck you John Bishop, Fuck you Nelson Mandela, Fuck you Ricky Tomlinson, Fuck you Michael Owen, Fuck you Lebron James, Fuck you John Aldridge, Fuck you Ian Rush, Fuck you Kenny Dalglish, Fuck you Phil Thompson, Fuck the Merseyside Police, fuck the biased refs and commentators, Fuck you Kilppety Klopp and Fuck you each and every bin dipping vermin bus attacking ****!
Fuck you All!
Fuck you!
Was Nelson Mandela really a red dipper?

No, the fact the vast majority of the hall hit his arm and not his sleeve made it handball.

The VAR referee didn’t think so and pretty much everyone in the world of football, barring a minority on here, think he made a mistake.

We lose nothing by saying it was handball as it probably would have been offside anyway. It just seems bizarre to suggest it wasn’t blatant handball.

What would a unanimous decision it was handball on here do? Make it right? Make our club and fans more popular? Get Everton a point? I'll say it again. After seeing it from lots of different angles it still wasn't conclusive. Some angles it looked like handball, some it didn't. Again this is down to the shirtline rule that clouded the decision. There is no doubt it hit his arm anyone could see that, it's WHERE it hit his arm. The var ref said no penalty I'm happy with that, it's done, finished, the game is over. People can argue all they want on here, Everton can complain to all and sundry, the world of football can weep tears of anguish and rage all they want. It's over, we won.

What would a unanimous decision it was handball on here do? Make it right? Make our club and fans more popular? Get Everton a point? I'll say it again. After seeing it from lots of different angles it still wasn't conclusive. Some angles it looked like handball, some it didn't. Again this is down to the shirtline rule that clouded the decision. There is no doubt it hit his arm anyone could see that, it's WHERE it hit his arm. The var ref said no penalty I'm happy with that, it's done, finished, the game is over. People can argue all they want on here, Everton can complain to all and sundry, the world of football can weep tears of anguish and rage all they want. It's over, we won.
Nothing, which is why it surprises me that people are sticking to it not being handball, rather than a mistake.

Perhaps Specsavers should start sponsoring the site. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.