Everton (a) post-match thread

And we did?
Yes. I'm sure you will come up with a reason we didn't but if we are sticking to what happened over the 90 mins then we deserved the points by every metric you could ever wish to use.
Us not being bang at it and playing at our very best doesn't mean we didn't deserve the points when you look at how the game went.
Everton not getting a debated pen changes fuck all.

I don't think Kev warrants a starting place?

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

But he's more liability than threat for a while now.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.
He won us the Chelsea game.

perhaps he shouldn’t play in midfield with Rodri and Gundogan at the same time but I’d still rather have him in.

I think consensus at present is our best front 6 is a combination of Rodri Bernardo de bruyne Foden Mahrez and either sterling (kdb deeper) or Gundogan (kdb off front)

He will always come up with a moment of class to remind us, goal against Chelsea, case in point.

He doesn't have the type of fitness which allows him to get about the midfield and recover transitions, usually when he has lost the ball

I do think we have taken a backwards steps in terms of cohesion in the midfield not having Bernie and Foden playing in the engine room.

It becomes even more pronounced when them and Gundo are also being asked to play high, or at least naturally gravitating towards the attack end.

Kev is a big game player but I have felt for a while we may have already seen his peak, whilst all the time he will always give world class reminders.

He is the solution and also the cause at times, similar to how Toure was after his peak, teams know he won't/can't get back in.

Pep will play him but you have point for me he doesn’t shield the ball as well as other players an easier to get the ball off.

Rather have him in a set position like right side or in the false nine position.

I personally though would always pick him the pluses are way more than the negatives.

A team can’t have one bad half anymore maybe nerves plus Everton working so hard closing us down with there fans right behind!

Sorry Everton deserve nowt and it ain’t our fault they’ve spent 500m on shite.
Expectations from some of our fanbase are ridiculous. They expect a flawless victory every week with no poor performances allowed.

part

I agree on the whole, but I also think kdb is the shining example of talent working hard who everyone at the club loves. I think he raises everyone else's game by 5%. But the hard work is what keeps him in the team imo

That’s the same rule in rugby league. If VAR can’t 100% prove the ref wrong, the infield decision remains.

Kavanagh was the VAR in both these incidents so he’s being consistent with the law n’all which is a positive.
Didn’t realise Kavanagh was the ref in both, must have influenced his decision by comparing both incidents, he’s an Ashton lad, possibly a City fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.