Everton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever plays right wing has most important job for us in this game. Keep digne pinned back and then help out defensively when they get the ball to stop him crossing

Hello all. Everton fan here, I thought I'd come and give you a Toffee view.

Through a combination of injuries and fixture congestion the squad feels run in to the ground.

Four of our very best players are out in Digne, Allan, Richarlison and James. We also have Delph and Gbamin injured.

DCL is knackered and our rotation option for him is Richarlison (Tosun is nowhere near the required level but I have a sneaky feeling he has to start one of these matches).

You may have noticed DCL hasn't scored for a little while. He is still playing really well but the regular supply isn't there without James and Digne.

We have Godfrey, a young right footed centre half, playing at left back. He is great defensively and can make surging attacking runs in to space - but most of the time with the ball he will turn back inside and pass backwards. This obviously makes a huge difference in our play compared to Digne.

I expect you to win the game as you'll rotate in top quality, which we just can't do in these circumstances, and also have top quality on the bench. So similar to what happened against Man United midweek.

We will line up something like this:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Bernard
Sigurdsson
DCL

Olsen (GK, Lossl (GK), Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gordon, Tosun​

Hello all. Everton fan here, I thought I'd come and give you a Toffee view.

Through a combination of injuries and fixture congestion the squad feels run in to the ground.

Four of our very best players are out in Digne, Allan, Richarlison and James. We also have Delph and Gbamin injured.

DCL is knackered and our rotation option for him is Richarlison (Tosun is nowhere near the required level but I have a sneaky feeling he has to start one of these matches).

You may have noticed DCL hasn't scored for a little while. He is still playing really well but the regular supply isn't there without James and Digne.

We have Godfrey, a young right footed centre half, playing at left back. He is great defensively and can make surging attacking runs in to space - but most of the time with the ball he will turn back inside and pass backwards. This obviously makes a huge difference in our play compared to Digne.

I expect you to win the game as you'll rotate in top quality, which we just can't do in these circumstances, and also have top quality on the bench. So similar to what happened against Man United midweek.

We will line up something like this:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Bernard
Sigurdsson
DCL

Olsen (GK, Lossl (GK), Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gordon, Tosun​
Its a must win game for us. And you probably too. If you want to mount a serious top 4 challenge then these are the games you need to win.

Richarlson out is good news for us ... last time he was suspended for 3 games for the red I think they struggled to win any games. He's the one up front that provided the most for Calvert-Lewin ... Also James out means even lesser creativity up front ... and our defence is much better at holding out games so we just need to get that one chance and score from it ... well, we'd get a few chances, we create them regularly, it's whether we finish them is the question ... so a tight 1-0, 2-0 game expected. An early goal for us and perhaps a quick second for insurance would really calm our nerves.

Edit: And they didn't score till very late last night, so they were up against it and all going at it for pretty much the full 90, while we controlled our game and were cruising in second gear mostly, so that probably would also show in legs in the second half two days later.

Basically, nothing to worry about here ;)

Cant understand why we are playing again less than 48 hrs since we finished our last match.

We dont play the Chavs until Sunday, so why cant the game be played Weds?

Stupidity of the highest order.

Cancelo amazing going forward with stones and Diaz imperios, think it's worth capitalising on that whilst using it to rotate.

Ederson

Stones
Diaz
Laporte

Cancelo
Gundogan/rodri
Bernardo
Foden/zinchenko

Kdb

Sterling
Torres

Saves us playing mendy an allows cancelo and the makeshift left wingback to worry a bit less about defending.
Thank you for your post but next time can you include the price of each player, when they breached covid or had personal issues and the last time they scored (only if it can be seen as a negative) it makes them so much more easy to identify. Simply saying Stones means nothing to me. Is he the one that has never scored for City?

Its a must win game for us. And you probably too. If you want to mount a serious top 4 challenge then these are the games you need to win.

I disagree that it is a must win for us mate. We would all take a draw if offered now, considering the circumstances I've outlined above.

If we lose tomorrow, but beat West Ham at Goodison on Friday (Richarlison will be back and hopefully James), then we will still be in a fantastic position.

Cant understand why we are playing again less than 48 hrs since we finished our last match.

We dont play the Chavs until Sunday, so why cant the game be played Weds?

Stupidity of the highest order.
TV, we all enjoy the leg up the money gives us so I suppose we have to take it on the chin, at least Everton have the same amount of rest but it would be nice for the red teams to luck out (I know luck plays no part) once in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.