Everton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look on their forum.
Their fans pretty much unanimously think we will beat them.
I would have thought they would have fancied their chances with them being 2nd.

Hello all. Everton fan here, I thought I'd come and give you a Toffee view.

Through a combination of injuries and fixture congestion the squad feels run in to the ground.

Four of our very best players are out in Digne, Allan, Richarlison and James. We also have Delph and Gbamin injured.

DCL is knackered and our rotation option for him is Richarlison (Tosun is nowhere near the required level but I have a sneaky feeling he has to start one of these matches).

You may have noticed DCL hasn't scored for a little while. He is still playing really well but the regular supply isn't there without James and Digne.

We have Godfrey, a young right footed centre half, playing at left back. He is great defensively and can make surging attacking runs in to space - but most of the time with the ball he will turn back inside and pass backwards. This obviously makes a huge difference in our play compared to Digne.

I expect you to win the game as you'll rotate in top quality, which we just can't do in these circumstances, and also have top quality on the bench. So similar to what happened against Man United midweek.

We will line up something like this:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Bernard
Sigurdsson
DCL

Olsen (GK, Lossl (GK), Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gordon, Tosun​
Thanks for the insight mate. Definitely looks like a good time to play you with those four players out, but it's never an easy game at Goodison. Good luck for the rest of the season anyway, starting after tomorrow!

Monday 28th December

Everton v
Manchester City

Kickoff: 8:00pm (UK)
Goodison Park, Liverpool, UK

Live TV: AmazonPrime (UK)

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Mike Dean
Assistant VAR: Darren Cann

View attachment 7183

Premier League Stats

Our record against them is relatively pretty good considering they were our ultimate bogey side once. We have even turned the overall head-to-head just about in our favour at least in the PL era.

The last 5 wins out of 5 in the league has certainly helped as well in that regard ...

View attachment 7184

They are the in-form team going into this fixture compared to our start-stop-start form ...

View attachment 7190

Pre-Match Thoughts

Less than 46 hours to go till the next kick-off now ... I am not sure why we always get this shortest straw every single year ... and scouse seem to get the longest gap between games at this time of the year ... oh well, like Pep would say, "it is what it is" ...

At least Everton also have the same gap ... they have just finished their game at Bramall Lane against Sheffield United (having won 1-0 there, and now second in the table) as we finished here at home against Newcastle. So add a couple of hours journey back for their players before they get in their beds tonight compared to our players ... but that's no advantage whatsoever as we'd be needing that much time to get to them day after tomorrow so it's all even on that count. If anything they have the advantage as they are at home and being in Tier 2 means they will have 2000 home fans in the stadium cheering them on as well.

Jesus and Walker being out for Covid has already reduced our squad options in two key positions. So rotation as far as looking ahead is concerned shouldn't be an issue for this one as the next game (against Chelsea) is six days away for us ... but some rotation might be required given who has played the whole 90 just now ... won't last another 90 day after tomorrow ... Aguero didn't start today to maybe just maybe starts the next one ... other than that KdB and Rodri are possible confirmed starters for this one along with Ederson and the two centre backs.

This will be a tough test of where we are ... this and the next game against Chelsea ... win these two and we are well and truly in control of our own season and the title charge is back on track ... lose or draw in one or both of them and the wobbly start of the season continues ... but it's almost approaching mid-season so not just the start anymore.

C'mon City - let's do this!
Not rocket science to anyone watching our games, but the startling stat between the two sides is chances created and goals scored. With our solid defence, take the chances and we’ll win.

Hello all. Everton fan here, I thought I'd come and give you a Toffee view.

Through a combination of injuries and fixture congestion the squad feels run in to the ground.

Four of our very best players are out in Digne, Allan, Richarlison and James. We also have Delph and Gbamin injured.

DCL is knackered and our rotation option for him is Richarlison (Tosun is nowhere near the required level but I have a sneaky feeling he has to start one of these matches).

You may have noticed DCL hasn't scored for a little while. He is still playing really well but the regular supply isn't there without James and Digne.

We have Godfrey, a young right footed centre half, playing at left back. He is great defensively and can make surging attacking runs in to space - but most of the time with the ball he will turn back inside and pass backwards. This obviously makes a huge difference in our play compared to Digne.

I expect you to win the game as you'll rotate in top quality, which we just can't do in these circumstances, and also have top quality on the bench. So similar to what happened against Man United midweek.

We will line up something like this:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Bernard
Sigurdsson
DCL

Olsen (GK, Lossl (GK), Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Gomes, Gordon, Tosun​
I thought u would have been a bit more confident.
Given the wierd results this season so far, and only 2 days rest between games, any result's possible, so, right now, I'd probably take a point. But, as we've probably got a better chance of catching ur vermin neighbours than you, and depriving them of back to back titles, let's hope ur right with ur assessment.
Ur very welcome to 2nd, 3rd or 4th place, and Europe next season.
Best.

Dippers play Sun-Weds-Mon and Rags for Sat-Tues-Fri.

It really stinks.

It's every year ... last year was even worse ... when they made two teams sweat against us for 90 mins and then got them to play Scouse straight after us with 1/2 days less rest than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.