Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't agree mate, if we start prioritising games too much we'll come unstuck and lose tge lot.
Pep sees prem as main target so I think he'll go strong to start and get it done (hopefully).
Players will run on adrenaline from tge crowd Wednesday.
Yep, the crowd will be the players energy on Wednesday. I hope Pep just tells them to go for it in the first 20 minutes. I think we’re capable of destroying anyone in a short period of time. The longer the game goes on, the worst it will be for our energy levels.

Can't agree mate, if we start prioritising games too much we'll come unstuck and lose tge lot.
Pep sees prem as main target so I think he'll go strong to start and get it done (hopefully).
Players will run on adrenaline from tge crowd Wednesday.
The Madrid game is a must win though, the Everton game isn't.
We'll need our best team fit and rested, if we want to beat Madrid.

Ortega
Lewis Dias Laporte Gomez
Bernardo Phillips Foden
Mahrez Haaland Alvarez

This team is good enough to win at Everton though, it still has some great players in it. It''ll be a full house and a rough game, but a couple of our squad players need to prove they can play for our club, so for the greater good, they have to start imo.

anyone else remember the f.a.cup game there in 1981?

getting off the special at lime street station was a nightmare.
the coppers forced us all to wait at the end of the platform against some sort of high fence,
on the other side of which were both everton and bindippers.
together, side by side, spitting through the fence at us.

then we were marched on foot to the ground, no buses.
one copper dismounted from his horse, took me to one side,
battered me & told me exactly what he thought of mancs.
i was 16 years old, but looked more like 14.

the scenes after power got the second equaliser made it all worthwhile.

Proper goal celebrations from the fans in those days, not the best in terms of 'Health and Safety issues' though.Sometimes you'd end up about 10 yards from where you were standing after a goal went in.
Paul Power got a fair bit of unjust stick at times from City fans. Not the most naturally talented player we've ever had for sure(but was great on that cup run in 81)
Paul Power (sounds a bit like he should have been in Roy of the Rovers) always gave 100% whenever he played for us, which you probably couldn't say for a fair few others for many years that followed!!

Ortega
Lewis Dias Laporte Gomez
Bernardo Phillips Foden
Mahrez Haaland Alvarez

This team is good enough to win at Everton though, it still has some great players in it. It''ll be a full house and a rough game, but a couple of our squad players need to prove they can play for our club, so for the greater good, they have to start imo.
Gundogan and Bernado for Phillips and Gomez. Play Bernado in that left back position he's done before. No Gomez in this one please. Bring Phillips on later but not a starter in a game as important as this...

Yes, I do realise that.

You do realise that if we lose on Sunday and arsenal win then we have zero margin for error going into 3 league games in a week with 2 extremely tricky away games?

Win Sunday and it's pretty much done, fail to win combined with an arsenal win leaves us under pressure. Potentially a 6 point swing at this stage of the season is a big deal, whatever way it might go. It's not really that difficult a concept to comprehend
3 point swing not 6

Does Erling need a rest? We'll need him at 100% for the second leg. I'd bring in Alvarez, Mahrez and Foden for Sunday.
No he doesn’t, he only touched the ball 22 times vs Madrid and barely broke sweat whilst creating a spare man overload all match

Why is this game on freaking Sunday? It should be on saturday, more time to rest for chl game.

Ortega
Lewis Dias Laporte Gomez
Bernardo Phillips Foden
Mahrez Haaland Alvarez

Fully agree with all of that, and your first sentence is the key basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.