Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what team to pick tbh. Think we will need a high tempo though, so the selection will be interesting.

Tough tough call this, but I would go with the most of the first XI except Bernardo who looked really tired out there. We are potentially looking at 6/7 finals. I hate my nerves !

Walker probably rested as well with Vinicius either side of this game. KDB will be a tough call, but I'd start him. Mahrez/Foden/Alvarez to come in. Would keep the defense (except Walker) as is.

I agree with you on them kicking us and us needing a rest big time. But Phillips is (and I'm trying not to be harsh here) fucking useless. Runs about like he's out for a sunnny Sunday morning Jog
He seems unable ot incapable of doing the Rodders thing of moving 3/4 yards when we play out from the back to give our back line that extra option.

If he could master that he'd be although like every DM in world football a downgrade on Rodri, an option we could use. Rodri's movement is paramount to our style of play.

The Madrid game is a must win though, the Everton game isn't.
We'll need our best team fit and rested, if we want to beat Madrid.

Ortega
Lewis Dias Laporte Gomez
Bernardo Phillips Foden
Mahrez Haaland Alvarez

This team is good enough to win at Everton though, it still has some great players in it. It''ll be a full house and a rough game, but a couple of our squad players need to prove they can play for our club, so for the greater good, they have to start imo.
Rodri needs to be rested both him and especially Gundo looked very tired at the end of the game. I would go with Phillips from the start, whether Pep selects him is another matter.

——————————— Ortega ———————————
————— Akanji ——— Dias —— Laporte ————
————————— Stones (Phillips)——Lewis ————————
———————————— Alvarez ——————————
— Mahrez —————— Haaland ———— Foden —

I’d also be happy to see Phillips start instead of Stones as I think it’s essential that Rodri is rested

Think we all need to get off Phillips back and support him, he’s a blue!

That team is filled with international players and should be strong enough.

That allows rest for 6 Madrid starters; Ederson, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish. 7 if we play Philips and we protect Stones

For the record though I think Pep will pick a much stronger starting 11 and much less players will be rested

CTWD

I’d also be happy to see Phillips start instead of Stones as I think it’s essential that Rodri is rested

That allows rest for 6 Madrid starters; Ederson, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish. 7 if we play Philips and we protect Stones

For the record though I think Pep will pick a much stronger starting 11 and much less players will be rested

CTWD
It's the manager who is most firmly on Phillips back so far.So unless he thinks differently and selects him I for one won't be calling for him to start.

CTWD
Phillips has done zero unfortunately so far, no wonder fans are concerned. Massive gamble expecting him to come in and do a job in this critical phase of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.