Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips has done zero unfortunately so far, no wonder fans are concerned. Massive gamble expecting him to come in and do a job in this critical phase of the season.
Whilst I agree and it’s a huge concern, he must be fully fit and raring to go, he’s an England international and was an important player for Leeds. He lacks belief but we need him, we (fans and training staff) need to encourage him that he can help. I really don’t want to risk Rodri, It’s a shame we are in this position but I’d play him as I don’t see many other options

Is there an EDS defensive midfield option we could promote over Phillips for this game?

Whilst I agree and it’s a huge concern, he must be fully fit and raring to go, he’s an England international and was an important player for Leeds. He lacks belief but we need him, we (fans and training staff) need to encourage him that he can help. I really don’t want to risk Rodri, It’s a shame we are in this position but I’d play him as I don’t see many other options
Agree, but like I said too much of a gamble. I'm not sure he actually knows what he's meant to be doing. Pep got some thinking to do.

——————————— Ortega ———————————
————— Akanji ——— Dias —— Laporte ————
————————— Stones (Phillips)——Lewis ————————
———————————— Alvarez ——————————
— Mahrez —————— Haaland ———— Foden —

I’d also be happy to see Phillips start instead of Stones as I think it’s essential that Rodri is rested

Think we all need to get off Phillips back and support him, he’s a blue!

That team is filled with international players and should be strong enough.

That allows rest for 6 Madrid starters; Ederson, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish. 7 if we play Philips and we protect Stones

For the record though I think Pep will pick a much stronger starting 11 and much less players will be rested

CTWD

Ederson and Rodri/Gundo will probably start.

We have nearly 5 days to recover from the game in Madrid, the most between games since early April.

Even if Rodri or Gundo starts at DM, Pep will sub him with say 20 minutes to go so that he's fresh for Real. Given that Phillips didn't start vs Leeds at home, he's not likely to be trusted at Everton.

Is there an EDS defensive midfield option we could promote over Phillips for this game?
Shea Charles?

——————————— Ortega ———————————
————— Akanji ——— Dias —— Laporte ————
————————— Stones (Phillips)——Lewis ————————
———————————— Alvarez ——————————
— Mahrez —————— Haaland ———— Foden —

I’d also be happy to see Phillips start instead of Stones as I think it’s essential that Rodri is rested

Think we all need to get off Phillips back and support him, he’s a blue!

That team is filled with international players and should be strong enough.

That allows rest for 6 Madrid starters; Ederson, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish. 7 if we play Philips and we protect Stones

For the record though I think Pep will pick a much stronger starting 11 and much less players will be rested

CTWD
I'm a blue aswel would you all keep supporting me playing DM to the detriment of the team even tho I'm not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.