Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden needs to play himself into a bit of form. Could be doing with his goal right about now. Tough year for Phil, maybe slightly overshadowed by Erling arrival and Jack stepping up. He needs to find a position in the team. Playing multiple positions is great for his learning but at what point does it start to hamper him.

I'm a blue aswel would you all keep supporting me playing DM to the detriment of the team even tho I'm not good enough
Agreed - Phillips may well have the physical attributes to play DM but obviously after nearly a season at the University of Pep he hasn’t got the mental attributes and that’s why he can’t be trusted - Pep’s style of play needs complete mental ability, mental discipline mental fitness/strength and mental confidence and unfortunately Phillips has either failed or is incapable of learning at this level. University is not for everyone.

Kick off time 14:00 (BST). Live on Sky Sports for those in the UK.

We just have to try and get through this game having one eye Madrid.

Everton battered Brighton but Brighton still could have scored 4 or 5.

Arsenal play Brighton straight after us, so we could put pressure on them.

My rotated side:

-------------Ederson
Lewis---Dias---Laporte---Akanji
-----------Rodri---Bernardo
Mahrez-------Alvarez------Foden
--------------Haaland

That's Walker, Stones, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Grealish rested. I'm not sure if we need more rested.

Or should we go strong and try to win it early?

Barcelona will probably win the league this weekend, Real Madrid play first but they'll probably rest everyone.
Great shout, but for once why not go with Kalvin and Rodri in the double pivot ...

Absolutely no guarantees they take all 9 points, could just as easy be 4, 5, 6 or 7 points
Correct but if we win at Goodison this dials up the pressure on Arsenal, with a higher probability that they drop points.

We have an influence on their results.

We basically want them to concede defeat and throw in the towel ( so our last two league games are irrelevant).

Whilst I agree and it’s a huge concern, he must be fully fit and raring to go, he’s an England international and was an important player for Leeds. He lacks belief but we need him, we (fans and training staff) need to encourage him that he can help. I really don’t want to risk Rodri, It’s a shame we are in this position but I’d play him as I don’t see many other options

Is there an EDS defensive midfield option we could promote over Phillips for this game?
I think you could potentially play Phillips but pair him in a double pivot with a senior pro, Rodri, Kevin or Gundogan.
ie Phillips does the leg work under the direction of an experienced more positionally aware player...

Correct but if we win at Goodison this dials up the pressure on Arsenal, with a higher probability that they drop points.

We basically want them to concede defeat and throw in the towel ( so our last two league games are irrelevant).
Never going to happen with Arsenal only three games left to play. They'll want to finish the season on a high note regardless of what happens in the title race especially the way they ended last season. They haven't thrown in the towel 35 games into the season and certainly can't see them doing it now after the win they had away at Newcastle.

We all know what we need to do and that's concentrate on ourselves as destiny is in our own hands just keeping winning games and it's irrelevant what Arsenal do. If they drop points, Happy Days! If not, We go again...

They are not going to throw in the towel. We have to keep winning or you can say bye bye to the PL title.

Read today that we pocket £285 million in prize money if we win the treble, £164m for the EPL, £117m for the UCL and only £3.9m for the FA Cup. Interesting if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.