Everton (A) - Sun 14th May, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep can rest 11 players & still win against Everton

We need a fresh legs for Madrid.
We put the first game first. Rest players against Everton and we potentially lose, and the impact of losing v Everton would have a bigger physical, mental and emotional impact on the players than the extra minutes in their legs, and make beating Madrid harder not easier. Pep will not want to jeopardise our 10 consecutive wins in the league by going light v Everton, he will go strong and aim to keep the run going; maybe rest one or two if their energy stats are low but start strong and take players off IF we are comfortably ahead.

Mark my words the biggest threat to the Madrid game is losing or drawing the Everton game. Pep will not rest the players half of the posters on here are saying.

Realistically I see maybe 3 changes -

A rested Mahrez in for Gundo after the kicking Madrid gave Ilkay, with Bernardo moving into centre mid;

Rico coming in for Kyle;

Laporte coming in for John or Akanji;

Maybe Phil for Jack

I can’t see much more than that, and those 3 coming in are all better than any Everton starters. Still a very tough game but we are used to those. Will be potentially a very tense game like the 3 2 win under Pellegreni

Last edited:
We put the first game first. Rest players against Everton and we potentially lose, and the impact of losing v Everton would have a bigger physical, mental and emotional impact on the players than the extra minutes in their legs, and make beating Madrid harder not easier. Pep will not want to jeopardise our 10 consecutive wins in the league by going light v Everton, he will go strong and aim to keep the run going; maybe rest one or two if their energy stats are low but start strong and take players off IF we are comfortably ahead.

Mark my words the biggest threat to the Madrid game is losing or drawing the Everton game. Pep will not rest the players half of the posters on here are saying.
Excellent points made .

Think weve done fine for rest from the Real 1st leg to the Everton game,if anything the tired legs will hit us 2nd leg or the Chelsea game
The players at this point in the season are just playing and then resting. The club and Pep know exactly what they have to do to have the players in the best possible condition to play these matches.

Realistically I see maybe 3 changes -

A rested Mahrez in for Gundo after the kicking Madrid gave Ilkay, with Bernardo moving into centre mid;

Rico coming in for Kyle;

Laporte coming in for John or Akanji

I can’t see much more than that, and those 3 coming in are all better than any Everton starters. Still a very tough game but we are used to those. Will be potentially a very tense game like the 3 2 win under Pellegreni
Possibly Foden coming in?

100%, Everton is a game where we have to get a positive result, 3 points would be the perfect pre Madrid tonic and the atmosphere and occasion on Wednesday will take away all the fatigue.

Most of the players probably live just as close to Goodison Park than they do the Etihad
Haha, possibly, but we're not going to just drop our players off one by one with our giant Man City bus. Surely the drop-off point is around the Etihad, where they take their cars etc., to get back home. My point is it all takes time, so that's why it's 3 days at best.

Brighton had a rare off day,especially first half.Only MacAllister played anywhere near his usual standard,and as for their keeper.....he was shite.
In contrast,Everton played out of their skin,everything fell their way,and individuals,particularly McNeil,will never have a better game.

The crowd will be giddy as fuck,but we put out an experienced side,hopefully get an early goal.....and we'll be fine.
...is pretty much exactly how I see it too.

Brighton will, if they're capable and not absolutely shot, play to show their boss and fans a reaction to how poor they were against Everton.

On the flipside, Everton will be full of bullish, and a little unjustified, bravado and giddyness. But let's be honest they're not all that.

Early goal, 1-3

But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.