Everton Fans

coleridge said:
I've known several Evertonians over the years. Many of them are exiled in Manchester [the fortunate ones, I call them]. To me, they have always seemed to be mostly left-leaning decent people of Irish Catholic descent.

One glaring omission from the righteousness of the 'People's Club' is the almost complete absence of us 'ethnic minority' fans [whatever that means]. As a brown person, I cannot help but notice brown, black and Far-Eastern faces in a crowd, it's just what I do. I have always noticed the Sikh guys behind Bacon Face at OT. I see that Liverpool have a large Asian following and that London and Midlands clubs have many 'ethnic fans' as, I'm happy to say, City do, despite the historical links with Ulster Unionists.

In my view, Everton are decades behind other clubs in England [with the exception of Newcastle and Sunderland] in this respect.

Even then, an old mate of mine from Uni was a Sunderland fan from Newcastle [went to the Grammar School] whose family were posh Nigerians. After a good night out, he'd get on the push [as a six foot, beautiful looking black man] and demand his stop in thick Geordie. After incomprehension from the driver, he'd revert to his usual, posh accent. The driver's face was invariably a picture of disbelief.

nice story.... but

i`ve never heard we are linked to ulster unionists.. thats a new one on me coleridge...
i know we have a large jewish connection which is cool by me.

coleridge said:
I've known several Evertonians over the years. Many of them are exiled in Manchester [the fortunate ones, I call them]. To me, they have always seemed to be mostly left-leaning decent people of Irish Catholic descent.

One glaring omission from the righteousness of the 'People's Club' is the almost complete absence of us 'ethnic minority' fans [whatever that means]. As a brown person, I cannot help but notice brown, black and Far-Eastern faces in a crowd, it's just what I do. I have always noticed the Sikh guys behind Bacon Face at OT. I see that Liverpool have a large Asian following and that London and Midlands clubs have many 'ethnic fans' as, I'm happy to say, City do, despite the historical links with Ulster Unionists.

In my view, Everton are decades behind other clubs in England [with the exception of Newcastle and Sunderland] in this respect.

Even then, an old mate of mine from Uni was a Sunderland fan from Newcastle [went to the Grammar School] whose family were posh Nigerians. After a good night out, he'd get on the push [as a six foot, beautiful looking black man] and demand his stop in thick Geordie. After incomprehension from the driver, he'd revert to his usual, posh accent. The driver's face was invariably a picture of disbelief.
Exactly....but are you surprised by this?

kippax88 said:
lol there was 1 on the bus yesterday!!!!! some scruffy scousers half shaven with some scruffy adidas top on and an asda carrier bag with scruffy un iron'd joggers . there was a que of about 15 people and he just pushes past and gets thi card out and says "I GOD A BUZ PAZ LAAR"

I've not read this thread - but 'un iron'd joggers'? Who irons jogging bottoms?

Irlamblue said:
coleridge said:

nice story.... but

i`ve never heard we are linked to ulster unionists.. thats a new one on me coleridge...
i know we have a large jewish connection which is cool by me.

Indeed. My Dad [as a muslim Asian] got us tickets though Tony Book's 'Jewish Connections'. The rest of us have followed the Jews, in this respect.

As for Unionism, I've heard many a UDA song. Think of 'The shitty Man United went to Rome to see the Pope...'. There is a celebrtiy City journo [very old mate of mine] whose grandfather was an Orangeman and will tell you all about the links, but I'll leave that to others more qualified than me.

coleridge said:
I see that Liverpool have a large Asian following and that London and Midlands clubs have many 'ethnic fans' as, I'm happy to say, City do, despite the historical links with Ulster Unionists.

I'm sorry I can't left that one go.

As a Ulster (I'm from there) Unionist (I'm a British passport holder and unionist as in Eurovision, Olympics HM Forces etc) are you saying we are racist and have some link with Man City?????

BerksBlue said:
coleridge said:
I see that Liverpool have a large Asian following and that London and Midlands clubs have many 'ethnic fans' as, I'm happy to say, City do, despite the historical links with Ulster Unionists.

As a Ulster (I'm from there) Unionist (I'm a British passport holder and unionist as in Eurovision, Olympics HM Forces etc) are you saying we are racist and have some link with Man City?????

Here we go can of worms the only people who can be more easily offended than scousers is you lot from Northern Ireland, this is a football forum so don't start all that UDF, UDP, BBC, WXYZ shite!!!

coleridge said:
Irlamblue said:
coleridge said:
As for Unionism, I've heard many a UDA song. Think of 'The shitty Man United went to Rome to see the Pope...'. There is a celebrtiy City journo [very old mate of mine] whose grandfather was an Orangeman and will tell you all about the links, but I'll leave that to others more qualified than me.

Heard many UDA songs???? You really are scrapping the barrel if you think going to see the pope in rome is a 'unionist' song!!!!!! So a friend of yours grandfather who was an Orangeman knows of these links?

I really wonder sometimes......

By the way amongst the unionist community in Northern Ireland the two big English clubs are Man United and Liverpool. Maybe we would get more support over there if you told them all about City having Unionist connections?

kiam06 said:
Here we go can of worms the only people who can be more easily offended than scousers is you lot from Northern Ireland, this is a football forum so don't start all that UDF, UDP, BBC, WXYZ shite!!!

I'm not being offended mate, and I fully understand where you are coming from, but a somebody who is a City fan, cheers Given, Ireland, Dunne, SWP etc etc this rubbish needs countered.

BerksBlue said:
coleridge said:

Fair play. Obviously not. However, you would surely accept that right wing leanings, such as the association with the old Tories. Whether Unionist or Nationalist, I have not seen much evidence of racial tolerance in NI. Maybe you can tell me otherwise. I'm not sure that the 'Red Hand Defenders' are much for mutliculturalism. But, hey, what do I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.