Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Neverton’s spoilers were well drilled and aggressive. They have a top 5 defensive record with fewest goals conceded from open play. Their high press was half decent and they dropped back quickly so they proved a tricky opponent and managed to keep City away from their goal for long spells. They packed the box when City go into the last third and clear sight of goal was rare.

Pep obviously adjusted things at HT and then brought the world’s best player on to help supply some ammo to the world’s best striker.

The overlong added time was seen out very comfortably, with Jack and Bernie helping the ball retention.

Ref had a go at Alvarez to get off the pitch quickly when he was subbed.
What was ridiculous about that is that Everton we’re making a double switch at the same time and by the time Alvarez had wandered off, their second sub was still waiting to be announced and made.

I would love to know why Pep had Akanji join Rodri in midfield instead of John Stones. Akanji looked cumbersome and awkward in that role. Pep must have had a reason but can't think what it could be.
They both were. At times in the first half we were 2-3-5, with Dias and Ake as the 2, Stones, Rodri and Akanji as the 3 and everyone else in the 5 barring Ederson.

Neverton’s spoilers were well drilled and aggressive. They have a top 5 defensive record with fewest goals conceded from open play. Their high press was half decent and they dropped back quickly so they proved a tricky opponent and managed to keep City away from their goal for long spells. They packed the box when City go into the last third and clear sight of goal was rare.

Pep obviously adjusted things at HT and then brought the world’s best player on to help supply some ammo to the world’s best striker.

The overlong added time was seen out very comfortably, with Jack and Bernie helping the ball retention.
Ben Godfrey wasted about 6 of the opening 11 minutes with two of many time wasting incidents. I’ve seen plenty of teams park the bus at City but yesterday came the closest to being able to legally challenge whether it was football game at all up until Haalands opener. Miraculously the Neverton players seemed far more hardy afterwards. I wonder if the referee would have been so fastidious with his extra time if it were still 0-0.

I didnt watch the game but have read most of this thread. Seems to be no love lost for Everton style of play and happy to see them relegated.

I think it's very hard to judge the away team at the Etihad or when they play us at home.
Nearly every team plays with a back 10, time waste, fake injuries complete ruining what should be two hours of enjoyment.

I come away from most games wishing the opponents get relegated for their anti football, boring time wasting, play acting. I feel I have been ripped off 60quid to watch one team not try to win.

I miss the feeling of this should be a good game, now my feeling is nothing I'm expecting a training session defence against attack. It's not value for money sadly. Perhaps its because I have a 12 hr round trip drive.

It's not Citys fault I think more and more teams are parking the bus against more teams now.
Yep. Been a dull season from a spectacle point of view. Not our fault but a victim of our own success. Saying that we don’t seem to try much else now. Ederson would try long balls every now and again but they seem to have stopped completely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.