Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We have to bring back Walker and Cancelo for the Chelsea game and I’m fairly certain this is what Pep will do. At least Cancelo can provide chaos in and around the opposition box.

The increasing reliance on Kev’s creativity is becoming a major issue. As others have said the Mahrez/Grealish combination simply doesn’t work. So we need a structure that offers support, and alternatives, to Kev when we attack.

Phil has to come straight back into the team and stay there for the majority of the remainder of the season.

It’s interesting that the 433 that destroyed the rags had Bernie, Gundo and Kev in midfield so we smashed them without Rodri. Could we rest Rodri more often and play Gundo in that role? It worked a treat against the rags. The front 3 in the rags game was Phil, Haaland and Grealish. You could swap Alvarez for Jack (or even Palmer because he is one of our few players that can beat a man).

It’s up to Pep, but in my view (and I love Rico) it’s time for Walker, Phil and Cancelo to return asap.

The problem is that Gundo does not offer height and physically like Rodri in defense sense. He offers less than Rodri protecting the central area.

It happened that Utd 11 on that day lacked height and they did not have anyone good on headers in the front.

It will be Pep's dream to have a DM with both Rodri's defending and Gundo's attacking sense.

The rest I tend agree. The 3 CB system does not suit our players. We should go back to old 433 or 4231 whatever we want to call it. Start two real fullbacks. If Pep is not stratified with Cancelo or Walker, buy one in the winter window and pair with Rico.

This seasons City are shaping up like fucking Southgates England!

Best creative players left out, workmanlike defenders getting rave reviews for doing the basics but have no idea how to start an attack.

Reliant on 1 man to score the goals!

Praying for Walker, Dias, Laporte, Foden and Bernardo to get back to being first names on the teamsheet!

This seasons City are shaping up like fucking Southgates England!

Best creative players left out, workmanlike defenders getting rave reviews for doing the basics but have no idea how to start an attack.

Reliant on 1 man to score the goals!

Praying for Walker, Dias, Laporte, Foden and Bernardo to get back to being first names on the teamsheet!
dias and laporte are both injured

I know, and we are missing them desperately.
I think that's borderline scapegoating. The problem doesn't lie with Stones, Ake, or Akanji. Responsibility lies with Pep for failing to recognise when his tactics aren't working, and reacting far too slowly when things go wrong.

Inverted fullbacks and line hogging, backtracking wingers... Fucking clueless sometimes.

Pep - gets mind fog when pressure is on, needed to change things in the first half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.