Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We seem to have lost the ability to actually attack ie. take players on and go round them to cross or shoot or win a penalty/freekick. It’s a waste of a place keep playing Jack as he never actually goes forward, he seems like a nice guy but he’s clearly not at our level. It’s become boring and frustrating as hell to watch, sort it out Pep please.
Grealish would be absolutely a great sub when we are winning and we need someone to get fouls, frustrate the opposition, and waste time

Pep needs to set the players free sometimes , we waste time holding the ball when we need to just cross it or try a shot from range , we’d never score the goal Everton scored as Pep wouldn’t sanction a shot from there!
We have better players but we don’t get the best from them because he over complicates things ,we need to try going direct a little bit.

Sometimes the better team doesn't win. That's football. We're still odds on favourites to win the league.
Keep the faith
We fight till the end.
Rico & Phil need to start. CTID

I hated that fucking game, stayed up till 3am watching as well, today I'm fucked. We we're shit shit shit.
I want to wipe it from my memory, next game can't come quick enough for me so I can erase it from memory, all our competitors won which makes it 10 fucking times worse.
Thank Christ it's not the dreaded "international break"

Probably better looking at it from the win at Arsenal and it’s 4 points. However, we need to improve and improve very quickly as our next run of games are very tricky.

Chelsea a
Rags a
Spurs h
Wolves h
Spurs a.
Seriously concerned about that run of league fixtures given our current setup and form.
That said the WC players have had their rest now, time to roll out a full strength team. Walker, Cancelo and Foden back in please.

Just got back.

First off, not sure why we aren’t starting games with our best full backs on the pitch?

The team performance had a very dull, blunt vibe to it. Like they we all waiting for someone else to “do something”. Worst I’ve seen us play for a very long time.

To make matters worse, KDB was unbelievably poor. Daft pass after daft pass from the word go. More often than not he’s our go-to-guy but today he was just nowhere near it.

A very silly time to drop such a shit performance and drop points.

There are some very tricky games v higher end opposition coming imminently. The reality is, if we don’t pull our fingers out in those games, we can wave goodbye to the title.
We have to bring back Walker and Cancelo for the Chelsea game and I’m fairly certain this is what Pep will do. At least Cancelo can provide chaos in and around the opposition box.

The increasing reliance on Kev’s creativity is becoming a major issue. As others have said the Mahrez/Grealish combination simply doesn’t work. So we need a structure that offers support, and alternatives, to Kev when we attack.

Phil has to come straight back into the team and stay there for the majority of the remainder of the season.

It’s interesting that the 433 that destroyed the rags had Bernie, Gundo and Kev in midfield so we smashed them without Rodri. Could we rest Rodri more often and play Gundo in that role? It worked a treat against the rags. The front 3 in the rags game was Phil, Haaland and Grealish. You could swap Alvarez for Jack (or even Palmer because he is one of our few players that can beat a man).

It’s up to Pep, but in my view (and I love Rico) it’s time for Walker, Phil and Cancelo to return asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.