Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

My 2 pennies worth .. Haaland makes us a weaker team.

We definitely don't look as fluid, and it sometimes seems players are looking for him rather than shooting or passing to someone else.

It reminds me of the Kinkladze days when lesser players would pass to him and watch on rather than get involved.

Over reliance on one player to score is a recipe for failure. Alvarez and Foden should always start alongside Haaland in a 433 imo.

We have to bring back Walker and Cancelo for the Chelsea game and I’m fairly certain this is what Pep will do. At least Cancelo can provide chaos in and around the opposition box.

The increasing reliance on Kev’s creativity is becoming a major issue. As others have said the Mahrez/Grealish combination simply doesn’t work. So we need a structure that offers support, and alternatives, to Kev when we attack.

Phil has to come straight back into the team and stay there for the majority of the remainder of the season.

It’s interesting that the 433 that destroyed the rags had Bernie, Gundo and Kev in midfield so we smashed them without Rodri. Could we rest Rodri more often and play Gundo in that role? It worked a treat against the rags. The front 3 in the rags game was Phil, Haaland and Grealish. You could swap Alvarez for Jack (or even Palmer because he is one of our few players that can beat a man).

It’s up to Pep, but in my view (and I love Rico) it’s time for Walker, Phil and Cancelo to return asap.
I think you are right about the inverted wingers together not working especially against a packed defence.its only a few years ago we racked up 25/30 on target shots in a game nowhere near now. I think we have dropped off a lot and regardless of its tactical benefits this passing back from wide positions is awful to watch and to me just gives the packed defence time to get set.
Finally we have a potential world star in Foden whose now 22 and we still don't know his best position. He's not a Leroy or even a McAtee who can shimmy to his left round the outside from a standing start so only a fill in out there for ne.

My 2 pennies worth .. Haaland makes us a weaker team.
Our lack of effort, pace and pressing makes us a weaker team.
Going off the performance levels this season without Haaland we’d probably be trying to get in the top 4

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.