Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

At times yesterday, Jack received the ball and was promptly confronted by 2 or 3 opponents, the chances of dribbling past them is very low, so he passes the ball to retain possession. Should we take more risks? Maybe, but will it provide great success overall, I'm not convinced it will.

this is something everyone turns an blind eye to on here

So, if that’s the case, shouldn’t we be setting the sat nav to a through-road instead of a cul de sac?

We were shit in the first half against Palace, we were outplayed by Brighton, we were rubbish against Fulham, we were even poor in the second half against United… we won all four of those games but that’s 10 halves of football out of of our 16 home halves of football we’ve not played well in this season.

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Wolves and Leicester performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.
you gotta laugh though
1 attempt on goal the entire game,for them after the goalscorer falls before getting up and scoring,
gets you a point at ours

There's nothing to say about a happy family. Tolstoy got it in one ("All happy families are alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way”).
I very much like the light-handed way this place is modded. The line should be drawn at person insults of players, the club, the owners, the manager, and other posters. (Mods are fair game…)
One other point. I don't know who these posters are who only emerge when things are going badly. I genuinely don't. I'll take your and the other mods' word for it, since I don't have my finger on the pulse. There's a bloke sits behind me, he's only happy when he's effing and blinding about how shit this or that player is. When we actually score, he never says a thing. I think he may actually be disgruntled. I'm sad for him, and the kind of inner life he must have.
But when people object to people on a post-match thread along the lines of “You spoilt fucker, don't you realise that we've won six titles in ten years, didn't you see us win a treble in 2019? weren't you at Edgeley Park to see us beaten by Stockport bleeding County? etc. etc.,” all of that is strictly irrelevant. A post-match thread discusses the issue in hand, for better or worse, i.e. the match that's just been witnessed.
That's an excellent post. Constructive criticism is to be welcomed. I would even go as far as to say "encouraged". It's the knee jerk stuff ("he's shit, sell him", "- - - - - - is a useless wanker", that sort of thing) that gets to me. It adds nothing to the debate on any subject.

We were shit in the first half against Palace, we were outplayed by Brighton, we were rubbish against Fulham, we were even poor in the second half against United… we won all four of those games but that’s 10 halves of football out of of our 16 home halves of football we’ve not played well in this season.

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool Wolves and Leicester away performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.

And we’re still second! If we can start playing a bit better we can chase down Arsenal.
Liverpool were better than this Arsenal side last season and we beat them to the title. I just think we need Cancelo, Walker and Phil starting and we’ll go on a decent unbeaten run.

We do need to show more urgency though, get it forward to Erling quicker.

That's an excellent post. Constructive criticism is to be welcomed. I would even go as far as to say "encouraged". It's the knee jerk stuff ("he's shit, sell him", "- - - - - - is a useless wanker", that sort of thing) that gets to me. It adds nothing to the debate on any subject.
I’ll hold my hand up I’m guilty of that at times,it’s frustration though knowing the players and team are far far better than this,I wanted grealish hooked immediately in the first half after a piss poor miss it’s as you say knee jerk frustration unfortunately..

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool Wolves and Leicester away performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.
We have forgotten how to attack with pace.We should be playing our strongest side to put pressure on those around us.I accept that Jack does retain the ball but he needs to be more ruthless in the last third.

Absolutely Jim.
A football supporter by definition is one who is interested in, likes and wants success for their club.
This can manifest into criticism due to disappointment. I think criticism with rationale is fine. I cannot stand the “f**k wankers” type post.
Yesterday there was a poster on here who was deliberately causing waves with his constant rubbish. Posted approx 400 posts in 9 years. The last 100 posts have all been negative with an unhealthy majority coming during/after Brentford and Everton.
Surely no City would exist on here to be so blatantly a WUM.

Dortmund home and away, Copenhagen away, more horrible performances

At times yesterday, Jack received the ball and was promptly confronted by 2 or 3 opponents, the chances of dribbling past them is very low, so he passes the ball to retain possession. Should we take more risks? Maybe, but will it provide great success overall, I'm not convinced it will.

Its true but also the question is why he is always surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders?

His default setting is always to have the ball to feet (so will never run in behind a defender) where the space is on the flank and so collects the ball in between the defender and midfielder (two players).

He rarely collects the ball on the move, or moves it quickly onto another player, preferring to take a number of touches, giving time for players to move over to his area of the pitch and as he always comes inside he moves into an area of the pitch where the right back/centre half, holding midfielder are positioned. Its even more explicable yesterday when they played three centre halves and two holding midfielders. There is no space inside, so why move into that area?

Disappointing game. Selling sterling was a mistake, Grealish is a passenger in the team and Foden should be starting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.