Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We were shit in the first half against Palace, we were outplayed by Brighton, we were rubbish against Fulham, we were even poor in the second half against United… we won all four of those games but that’s 10 halves of football out of of our 16 home halves of football we’ve not played well in this season.

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool Wolves and Leicester away performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.
Jesus now I am depressed lol

Not being able to get behind a defence consistently is a big weakness and we had even fewer options yesterday with no pacey wingers or overlapping full-backs (and virtually no right-back full stop!!)

We were shit in the first half against Palace, we were outplayed by Brighton, we were rubbish against Fulham, we were even poor in the second half against United… we won all four of those games but that’s 10 halves of football out of of our 16 home halves of football we’ve not played well in this season.

Include the Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool Wolves and Leicester away performances (again, despite some being wins) and you realise that we’ve not got going at all this season.
Totally agree! Following on from a lot of the posts today it is unfortunately human nature that fans are more likely to post out of frustration when things aren’t going well than praising. I am VERY guilty of this myself. We have lots of fantastic things going for us at the moment but unfortunately Arsenal have been better and more consistent. The team have to step up in January and I believe we can but it’s going to be tough.

The best English talent we've seen in a long time on the bench gets 5 minutes when we're chasing the game he should be starting every game and sorry but we should not be starting with mahrez he's not the player he was
Really strange what is going on with Foden. Is Pep not happy with something or trying to save his legs?

Its true but also the question is why he is always surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders?

His default setting is always to have the ball to feet (so will never run in behind a defender) where the space is on the flank and so collects the ball in between the defender and midfielder (two players).

He rarely collects the ball on the move, or moves it quickly onto another player, preferring to take a number of touches, giving time for players to move over to his area of the pitch and as he always comes inside he moves into an area of the pitch where the right back/centre half, holding midfielder are positioned. Its even more explicable yesterday when they played three centre halves and two holding midfielders. There is no space inside, so why move into that area?

Yep. It's flagrant, isn't it? It's what he does match after match. Leads me to wonder if he's been told to do that by Pep. He goes towards the marking defender from a standing start. Well, he doesn't have the blistering acceleration of a Sané, so he knows he's not getting past him.
Very similar phenomenon with Mahrez over on the other side. Mahrez can put a fine cross over, though, from time to time. When Kyle's back, he'll be overlapping on that side, thus creating chances. But Kyle's not eternal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.