Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Come on, of course there is.

You need to find the space or drag the defender out and then run in behind

We can't find the space in behind because our wingers are too slow.
There is no space really for them to use their pace in.

The main problem out wide is that we are using inverted wingers with no overlapping from the FBs.

So many top teams have been off it this season. Is a strange year with strange pre seasons and mid season World Cup. If we can stay within 8 points with 8 to go I recon we’ll win it. Our run in is very favourable. Got a horrible feeling a shit United or dipper team is going to get involved though at this rate
I have the same feeling as you, As bad as the Rags are and Liverpool lately they can still get in and around a title race because as you said "the top teams aren't at it".
Our next 4/5 games is absolutely enormous and that will either make or break us. It's very concerning how we are defensively though, Going into the Champions League better sides will punish us on the counter attack.

I’m usually all doom and gloom but it’s not even January yet….calm down people

I think we didn't create enough and we largely only have ourselves to blame. Though the number of players that score 25-40 yard screamers against us seems incredibly disproportionate. I'd love to see some stats on that.

My biggest takeaway over the Christmas fixtures is that time wasting continues to be a fucking huge systemic issue. It's an absolute scourge and it ruins games. All the fake injuries and taking an age to take a throw in or a goal kick. It's been allowed to get worse and worse for years and now it's an absolute farce. I was watching the Wolves v United game before and it was just as bad in that fixture as it was in ours, at one point I think there was probably about 5 minutes of actual football in a 20 minute period. It should have been fixed with a rule change 30 years ago. Not just adding more on like they did in the World Cup (though that might be better than what we have right now). How hard is it to stop the clock ffs? They've been doing it in most other sports for decades. It's a total joke.

Time wasting is becoming a big problem in the premier league and it needs sorting asap.

Be it like rugby when the ball is dead the clock stops, allowing the physios without stopping the game.

We pay good money for 90 minutes of football and are being short changed.

The good thing about the world cup some games had 15 + minutes, some 20+ minutes. The premier league time wasting is worse than the world cup yet fans and teams are being ripped off. I would bet some premier leagues games are less than 60 minutes football.

I know footballers just see it as a job. As someone that works if I can do less I do ;) difference is I am not paid millions, and people dont pay to watch me. Plus if I was ripping of my customers I would soon be out of a job.

Abysmal performance. Worryingly we haven't played well since the game before Anfield (think it was Southampton).

I love Pep, always will, but that was on him today sadly. He picked the wrong team and made the subs too late. I don't understand why he practically picked the same team as Leeds. We looked leggy, whilst Everton, with 2 extra days rest, looked fresher than we did. To then compound it by making the subs in the 84th minute was even more frustrating. We came to life once the subs were made but it was too late.

As for the ref and Everton's timewasting, awful. Everton shithoused their way through that game by making cheap fouls to stop our rhythm and time wasted at every opportunity. It made it an extremely frustrating afternoon.

The title is not over, but we need some big performances at Chelsea and Utd now.

Ahh, yes, you’ve now gone from “you never produce facts to support your statements” to “you’re a sad, lonely person for producing facts to show me up as not knowing what I am talking about”.

You’re really covering yourself in glory tonight.
You never produced a fact from my first question about why I was talking shite about we don't look capable of going on a run? I don't need to cover myself in glory with a smart arse like you mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.