Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

We start with slow wingers and slow full backs. Is it any surprise that we struggle? Teams have us sussed. I’m genuinely surprised Pep hasn’t realized that.

86 fucking minutes before Pep makes the 3 subs. And that was without doubt the worst KDB performance in a City shirt. I could feel them dragging down to their level soon as Haaland started seeking retribution for that snide first minute foul. I feel sick.

Arsenal taking the lead after 2 mins tells us everything about them. They are Champions in waiting. 3 titles on the bounce is too difficult.

Make no mistake. Since Pep arrived this is the weakest squad we've had at the club. Haaland, Kev and Bernardo are fantastic, but the rest is a mess. We've got two actual fullbacks, our wide options can't stretch the pitch and we have zero legs in the middle.

It's total arrogance to end up with such a small squad in such a competitive league.
Correct.

This summer was absolutely bizarre.

People on here were eulogising Txiki but he's left us short in so many places. No left back, a poor defender in Akanji signed, and our forward pace and directness sold.

2022 has been a totally shit year for me. After Everton’s equaliser it felt like somebody had stepped out of the darkness and kicked me really hard in the balls.
I managed to struggle back to my car only to find the tyres on my car had been let down and doors keyed. That’s 2022 for me! What a year!

Pep's insistence on starting Mahrez and Grealish is odd but it seems he'd rather lose the league with them than win it with Foden/Alvarez. Maybe the January window is a good time to offload Foden before his value drops too much? I can't imagine it's going to go up with him being used only slightly more than Cole Palmer.

A word of advice, mate. When you use irony, sprinkle your post with winks and other emojis otherwise some posters just don’t get it.

I have constantly been attacked and called far worse by the happy clapper crowd so bring it on. We have far too many complacent fans who won’t criticise and if they hear criticism can’t take it. I support the team 100% and always will. I will also call out what I’m watching and speak the truth about how I feel. It was not just “one of those days” we have had a lot of poor performances this season and without Haalands goals we would be in big trouble and already fighting for the top 4. Arsenal deserve to be at the top. Been better than us and look like they want it far more. We seriously need to improve as we ain’t winning champions league either if we continue to play like this every other game!
Been here since 2007, but you will never win against the ‘happy clappers’. Pep needs a strong assistant manager which we have not had this season. Big drop off since Lilo and Arteta. Always the players fault but never the manager. Nobody can doubt what Pep has achieved, but stripping the side of pace has been our undoing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.