Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

If KDB is rubbish then we're rubbish. Simple as that.

He needs to lose weight, looks unfit.

Grealish not the signing we all hoped and Mahrez is always hit and miss. Bernardo anonymous.

Why Pep refuses to make subs until too late will remain a mystery.

Only plus was Haalands attitude and Lewis having good moments.

So far it's looking Arsenals year.
His subs are absolutely baffling, called for five subs to be used this season but seems reluctant to ever use any when things aren't going well. Very odd!

I don’t know why so many on here seem to be scratching their heads as to why we aren’t as good this season. A team is made up of 11 individuals. When your 11 players aren’t as good as those who have been there before, it stands to reason that the collective gets weaker.

I’ve read on here all season how fantastic some of our players are…

Ake is our best defender and Akanji is Kompany reincarnate.

Let’s not forget Mahrez has the best 1st touch since football was invented.

We have Foden who can’t get into the side, in favour of a guy whose major contributions since he signed could be counted on one hand. If Southgate treated Foden like this, there would be uproar on here.

The only area of the pitch we have improved the quality is up front. Everywhere else we are weaker than we have been for years. Ake and Akanji are not Dias and Laporte. Mahrez and Grealish are levels below those they have replaced. Almost every game it feels like we need KDB magic, or robot Haaland coming good. We used to threaten the opposition from all over the pitch. Those days are seemingly long gone.

There is a lot of mediocrity in this side and unfortunately a significant portion of the fanbase are seemingly ok with it. There are 4 or 5 players in this side seeing the amount of game time their performances don’t merit. As long as this continues, we will be winning fuck all.
We have pretty much the same side as last year, except for Jesus and Zinchenko leaving and Haaland and Gomez coming in. Theoretically that should make us stronger overall.

Ake is a fine defender but Dias and Laporte are injured at present anyway. We have won league titles with Mahrez and Grealish and our current FBs, so I don't see them as really being the problem.

I think our main problem is in adapting the formation in order to try and get the best out of Haaland. This just isn't working for us at the moment. That and the fact that KDB and Gundogan are ageing and perhaps aren't as capable of producing consistently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.