Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

Football but not as we know it. Awful performance from us but not helped by the spoiling game stopping tactics of Everton., aided by tbe inept officials. All the money in the premier league and they can't have a spare battery pack and mic ready?

No way this squad is winning the league unless there's a massive upturn in form.

Why does he not play Phil.

Phil is I think our second highest scorer in the league this season. Whys he not playing.

Mahrez and Grealish offer zero goal threat. Mahrez a shadow of last season.

Front three should be

Alvarez Haaland Foden.
100%

From Sane Sterling terrifying everyone to this. Not a knock on Grealish but for £100m we could have got pacy wingers. Mahrez Grealish is not going to take us anywhere and adding another £120m midfielder won't solve the problems even next season. Some fundamental changes are on horizon

Nail on the head, those pair got so much unwarranted shit from everybody for not being amazing every minute of every game.

All wingers and attacking players will have off days I get that, but Grealish & Mahrez haven’t had many on days for over a year now, don’t get me wrong Mahrez has earnt a bit of leeway with his historical showings for us but the pair of them aren’t good enough as of now for what we are hoping to achieve as a club.

We’re a better team without Haaland, I’d take 200 million for him and play Alvarez in a heartbeat
I'm sure you've taken some heat for this but I don't think it's as ridiculous as it may come off... I'll start by saying he's exceeded my expectations for him BUT my worry was always that he'd go missing for large parts of the game as he's not great technically and can't drop between those half spaces like a Jesus or Alvarez, and most teams we play have 2 defenders on his back and two midfielders in front of him.

From Sane Sterling terrifying everyone to this. Not a knock on Grealish but for £100m we could have got pacy wingers. Mahrez Grealish is not going to take us anywhere and adding another £120m midfielder won't solve the problems even next season. Some fundamental changes are on horizon
We will possibly never see football as good, direct and as exciting as that ever again.

This passing backwards we’ve got in the habit of constantly doing is mind numbingly boring on days like today.

Arsenal taking the lead after 2 mins tells us everything about them. They are Champions in waiting. 3 titles on the bounce is too difficult.
We'd have done exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot

Still got to play them twice but at the moment we are going to have to win both just to get ourselves back into contention

3 things annoyed me

Everton being cunts
The ref being useless
Pep not changing things that were obviously not working and players performing under par earlier.

We do it to ourselves too their goal should never have been allowed to happen, we were weak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.