Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

It’s not working. Will Pep persist or make the necessary tweaks? Sleep walking to mediocrity.

The team can turn it on every now and again. If I recall correctly, pep said at the start of the season that having Haaland will mean nothing if the team don’t stay humble and hungry to win again.

I see a team devoid of ideas relying on Kev to produce for Haaland to score.

I see a team where the ball is mostly with our defenders.

I see a team with players who dribble instead of quick passing.

I see a team playing against 11 players in their own box waiting to counter.

A winning team not producing. Something has to give soon. Keep playing this way and we can forget about another league nevermind the champions league.

It’s hard to be too critical as this team has delivered so much. A rethink is needed. Over to you Pep. No matter what he says publicly, no way can he be happy to watch these types of performances each week. All can do better.

Will do mate
Sorry I really miss my dad
Many of us are in that same boat lad.
Come on - this is City!!
We have dips against shite nearly every season - usually Palace, Southampton, WBA, Wolves - even Norwich. This is our dip. Onwards and upwards - United away; piece of cake. Stuff Arsenal when we play 'em; problem solved!

I'm sure I'm repeating alot of what's already been said.
I've seen some shithousery, and some shithouse performances, at the Etihad - but that from Everton today beats the lot.
As for us - Pep didn't change things anywhere near early enough, and our wide players never got in the game. Rarely looked like breaking them down.
As for the officiating - feckin 0 out of 10, the pissing around trying to get a linesman miked up was the cherry on the top of the turd. Get back to them just waving the feckin flag. Lost the game in the first 5 minutes and never got it back. The one outstanding thing was the clueless twat didn't send anyone off
They moan a lot about the hand of Rod , forgetting it stopped their great satan of a neighbour from winning a domestic treble last season

It’s not working. Will Pep persist or make the necessary tweaks? Sleep walking to mediocrity.

The team can turn it on every now and again. If I recall correctly, pep said at the start of the season that having Haaland will mean nothing if the team don’t stay humble and hungry to win again.

I see a team devoid of ideas relying on Kev to produce for Haaland to score.

I see a team where the ball is mostly with our defenders.

I see a team with players who dribble instead of quick passing.

I see a team playing against 11 players in their own box waiting to counter.

A winning team not producing. Something has to give soon. Keep playing this way and we can forget about another league nevermind the champions league.

It’s hard to be too critical as this team has delivered so much. A rethink is needed. Over to you Pep. No matter what he says publicly, no way can he be happy to watch these types of performances each week. All can do better.

You'd better step in and dig him out as he clearly isn't as clued up as you and is plain stubborn.

You'd better step in and dig him out as he clearly isn't as clued up as you and is plain stubborn.
No point having a dig. I am only offering an observation as to what we are watching this season. Pep is Pep and of course knows more than the rest of us but it is ok to question how and why we have become a slow ponderous team. No creativity at all. Dribble into packed defences seems to be what we do now.

Fair enough. Just remember the bad pass then Gray faking a pass on his outside to sell Akanji
Yeah he sold him too easily but we went from that pic and position to this. What the hell Stones is doing I don’t know. Hands behind back, marking no one. Horrible defending all round.

E1DA01B3-BED8-4D83-8609-C3520C4D8BA9.jpeg

I said before the game that Pep is not playing with the best lineup
A win against Leeds doesn’t mean anything.. KDB and Haaland can’t keep doing it every game
I hope that this result makes it clear for Pep that Foden and Alvarez should start ahead of Mahrez and Grealish
We were not bad defensively imo.. We just need a better attack
It is seriously difficult now to talk about the PL. We lost important points in easy games (Aston Villa, Brentfrod, Everton) SEVEN points in three easy games!
I don’t think the PL is gone, but it would take a lot of consecutive wins and most importantly a win against Arsenal to be at least close enough and wait for their slip
It certainly looks like Arsenal are going to win it, but with Pep you never know..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.