Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

standupefc said:
The difference is between City and other clubs is that players move to win things not just for money. City are completely different to other sides like Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Villa, and Spurs. Big clubs like the ones before have history and a history of winning things like it or not. I'm sure City fans would be pretty pissed off if a club similar to your size such as Wolves were bought by a billionaire then start to try and buy all your players. Other clubs have behaved with dignity and the fact you have some of the most dislikeable players known to man doesn't help. Tevez is the most ungrateful footballer that I know already wants to leave City and he's only been there a year. Adebayor was hated by Arsenal fans even when he was excellent for them. Contary to common belief Balotelli wasn't hated because he was black, he's hated for being a total twat, disrespectful, annoying and offensive about other people then expects people to feel sorry for him. I know that most proper City fans I know who were there when you were shite hate whats happening at City now. What pisses me off the most is the fact that the people running your club like Garry Cook are complete and utter knobheads of the highest caliber and treated Mark Hughes disgracefully.

That is the most bitter and untruthful load of utter rubbish I've ever read on here. The bile in your throat must be choking you. In fact it's the only post I've ever read I would ask the moderators to remove due to its obscene content.

My other half is a toffee and I know plenty more of the real Everton fans and they would be utterly ashamed to know that a prick like you is supporting their club.

standupefc said:
The difference is between City and other clubs is that players move to win things not just for money. City are completely different to other sides like Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Villa, and Spurs. Big clubs like the ones before have history and a history of winning things like it or not. I'm sure City fans would be pretty pissed off if a club similar to your size such as Wolves were bought by a billionaire then start to try and buy all your players. Other clubs have behaved with dignity and the fact you have some of the most dislikeable players known to man doesn't help. Tevez is the most ungrateful footballer that I know already wants to leave City and he's only been there a year. Adebayor was hated by Arsenal fans even when he was excellent for them. Contary to common belief Balotelli wasn't hated because he was black, he's hated for being a total twat, disrespectful, annoying and offensive about other people then expects people to feel sorry for him. I know that most proper City fans I know who were there when you were shite hate whats happening at City now. What pisses me off the most is the fact that the people running your club like Garry Cook are complete and utter knobheads of the highest caliber and treated Mark Hughes disgracefully.

Frankly on every point you know nothing and are totally deluded.

Are you seriously trying to compare the £350,000 spent on Bob Latchford to the £32m spent on Robinho?<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:38 pm --<br /><br />
standupefc said:

1) Yes they have some pricks in their squad but don't most teams? We've certainly got a few.

2) Never heard anything like that. He's a fantastic footballer who's always struck me as one of the 'nice guys'. Any club would be lucky to have a player of such quality.

To sum up; what a shite post. You're embarrasing yourself. Any club, ourselves included would love to be in City's position right now.

standupefc said:

You are, of course, a complete and utter dick. are you not? I've read some bollocks on here but that is the most deluded sentence I've ever had the misfortune to read.

standupefc said:
Tevez is the most ungrateful footballer that I know already wants to leave City and he's only been there a year.

Look, we've got one of Carlos' close confidants on here! When did he tell you he wanted to leave?

It's fair to say that we get a fair few evertonian bellends on here,but at least there's some who come on here to talk some sense.
To be fair if some other team had been given the opportunity ours now has I would be envious,However I wouldn't be going on their forums spouting bullshit i had read in the tabloids.

standupefc said:

So much ill-informed nonsense in such a confined space is dangerous.

Anyway, we're second in the league and you're just outside of the relegation zone; why on earth are you bothered about us? We sure as hell aren't arsed about you. Why would we be?

standupefc said:
The difference is between City and other clubs is that players move to win things not just for money.

Right, our current position in the league and future ambitions would mean that all of our players made the correct decision then, doesn't it?

Obviously, unlike your good self, they had a bit of foresight and realised that with the large amounts of cash being thrown around, it usually garners success.

City are completely different to other sides like Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Villa, and Spurs. Big clubs like the ones before have history and a history of winning things like it or not.

This shows you are ignorant of the history of City. City consistently won things and finished high in the tables until about 1980. But I suppose that somehow your cutoff date for "winning things" is just after City won things?

I'm sure City fans would be pretty pissed off if a club similar to your size such as Wolves were bought by a billionaire then start to try and buy all your players.

That's such a laughable statement that I'm now 100% sure that you're on the WUM, and you'll probably be banned soon.

Other clubs have behaved with dignity and the fact you have some of the most dislikeable players known to man doesn't help. Tevez is the most ungrateful footballer that I know already wants to leave City and he's only been there a year.

No he doesn't. Also, the very idea of ANY football club acting with dignity over the selling of another human being is another laughable concept.

Perhaps you should tell those kids in Spanish Harlem, New York, or in Sierra Leone, or in the local area of Manchester, who have all being recipients of large donations from City that we have no dignity.

Adebayor was hated by Arsenal fans even when he was excellent for them.

Because Arsenal fans are twats, and turn on their own players because they don't understand football and believe that every player should be running around for 90 minutes like Tevez.

Contary to common belief Balotelli wasn't hated because he was black, he's hated for being a total twat, disrespectful, annoying and offensive about other people then expects people to feel sorry for him.

That's a completely different level of bullshit. I presume you think he deserved it when they tried to kill him, and when the Italian players used to call him a ****** too?

I know that most proper City fans I know who were there when you were shite hate whats happening at City now. What pisses me off the most is the fact that the people running your club like Garry Cook are complete and utter knobheads of the highest caliber and treated Mark Hughes disgracefully.

You obviously haven't a clue what you are talking about with City, and to try to post an opinion on a forum full of City experts probably isn't going to get you very far is it?
Perhaps you should go back to your failing ground, your failing team managed by your failing manager under the control of your failing board.

After getting to know your fans a bit better from here and the matches, no wonder Lescott left you and I have no doubts that Rodwell will be the next to leave the sinking ship, just as Rooney did before him.

You've now become the feeder team of the Premiership; excellent, even heroic youth system, but nothing to back this up in the first team apart from a shit manager (who everybody loves because he's passionate), no money and no hope of going anywhere.

Fucking hell, are you pre-Shinawatra City in disguise?

God it's all getting a bit unfriendly on here isnt it?!

Just to throw my opinion is, yes it's hypocritical for Everton to whinge about us buying their players when they've spent big in the past and signed players from smaller clubs than themselves. Its also quite amusing that they don't go on about the scum taking Rooney off their hands as much.

But.

I remember when Chelsea came in for SWP and we were all gutted. At the time, I thought Chelsea were ruining football. How dare they come in and take one of our best players from us just because we've got less money than them? Skip forward a few years and we're filthy rich and doing the same thing to other clubs, and not exactly feeling guilty about it.

If Everton are hypocrites, and they undoubtedly are, so are we. Football goes in cycles, clubs like Liverpool and United have spent massive money in the past and bought themselves trophy after trophy. Now that they've not got money to spend, they don't think it's right that clubs should be able to spend shedloads of money and buy the league. Same with Chelsea. Remember the outrage when there was talk of us offering 200K a week to get Terry? They didn't like the idea that the billionaires of football could finally be competed with in the transfer market.

Our money could disappear tomorrow and another club, say Everton, could get taken over. Would we be bitter then if they started buying our best players, even though we'd spent millions buying up other clubs players in the past? OF COURSE WE WOULD.

Nobody likes being skint, and nobody would turn down the chance to spend shitloads and win everything in sight. There aren't many football clubs that can claim not to be hypocrites.

But the comparison is bogus. When John Moores was chairman of Everton, we were indeed known as the Millionnaires Club, but John Moores backed the managers in the form of loans, all of which were paid back to him in full. John Moores did not invest one penny into Everton. Everything he invested was returned at least tenfold. He owned the majority of the club when players were paid buttons in todays terms when the wage bill was less than 10% of club turnover.

I don't begrudge City success, we were very similar clubs both in fan base and football terms before the money arrived, and I will always be in the 'Anyone but Liverpool' camp. But getting back on thread, the financials are totally different: you would be bankrupt if your investors demanded a return of their investment and walked away. Doesn't matter how much money you have now, you will always remain hostage to fortune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.