Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

Balti said:
stony said:
You've proved how stupid you are with your opening comment. A club with zero debt and a brand new stadium and you think no one would buy it for a pound?
Have a word with yourself.

Not to mention a team with great players in second place in the league on the up and up ;-)

And you have the audaCITY to call me stupid!! The whole point is that even if somebody did buy you for £1, even with your shiny new stadium and your debt free state, a new owner would have to sell most of your first team squad just to get back to break even. Thereby ending your 'incredible journey'.

FriendlyBlue said:
Balti said:
Not to mention a team with great players in second place in the league on the up and up ;-)

And you have the audaCITY to call me stupid!! The whole point is that even if somebody did buy you for £1, even with your shiny new stadium and your debt free state, a new owner would have to sell most of your first team squad just to get back to break even. Thereby ending your 'incredible journey'.

Ifs and buts. Didn't happen with your rich owner and doesn't look remotely like happening with our rich owner.

And if it did, so what..... we'd still be here in greater numbers than your club can only dream of. Just like before. Sadly for you lot that isn't going to happen.

Uber Blue said:
FriendlyBlue said:
But the comparison is bogus. When John Moores was chairman of Everton, we were indeed known as the Millionnaires Club, but John Moores backed the managers in the form of loans, all of which were paid back to him in full. John Moores did not invest one penny into Everton. Everything he invested was returned at least tenfold. He owned the majority of the club when players were paid buttons in todays terms when the wage bill was less than 10% of club turnover.

I don't begrudge City success, we were very similar clubs both in fan base and football terms before the money arrived, and I will always be in the 'Anyone but Liverpool' camp. But getting back on thread, the financials are totally different: you would be bankrupt if your investors demanded a return of their investment and walked away. Doesn't matter how much money you have now, you will always remain hostage to fortune.

Bollocks. The bottom line is we're wedged to fuck whilst you lot are skint. We're aiming for the stars whilst your lot are like a one armed man trying to keep afloat in a stormy ocean of abject poverty. We're all delerious with our good fortune whilst you lot can't imagine why a billionaire Arab chose us and not Everton. When you're asleep you have nightmares about turning up at your shitty, run-down rat infested excuse of a stadium with the gates having been a pad-locked. We dream of a future coloured in a hue of sky blue involving trophys.

'A hostage to fortune?' That's fucking brilliant. Do you honestly think I give a flying fuck whether you think we've been fortunate? If Everton or its fans had been fortunate enough to have landed the golden ticket you'd all be having a joint wankfest but, unfortunately for you, you didn't.

The thing is I feel your pain, I really do. I feel it and enjoy it. I revel in it. Your pain is like a nice, cosy, comfy blanket and it keeps me warm.

You sir, are an extremely ignorant person. Being held 'hostage to fortune' is the very opposite of being fortunate. And that bile you spew is disgusting. I know that the vast majority of City fans do not hold such views. They would be as disgusted at such comments as I am. Get yourself an education and while you are it, seek out some psychotherapy, because believe me, you are in urgent need of both.

FriendlyBlue said:
Balti said:

But show me the FUCKING SLIGHTEST suggestion that our owner wants out?

Go on. Just the slightest hint. The quietest whisper....

You've got FUCK ALL to back up that argument. Just a desperate attempt to comfort yourself.

Bluemoon115 said:
FriendlyBlue said:

You've got FUCK ALL to back up that argument. Just a desperate attempt to comfort yourself.

Where did I argue that the owners will walk away? I suggested a scenario that if they did you would no longer be a going concern in your present form. That is why I suggested you are hostage to fortune. There are many reasons why they could walk away, and these would fall into categories of economic, cultural or political. They did not lock the door behind them.

FriendlyBlue said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Where did I argue that the owners will walk away? I suggested a scenario that if they did you would no longer be a going concern in your present form. That is why I suggested you are hostage to fortune. There are many reasons why they could walk away, and these would fall into categories of economic, cultural or political. They did not lock the door behind them.
Why don't you go full on and suggest a fantasy scenario whereby we didn't get taken over by Arabs at all, we went into the Championship and you signed the bestest players in the world.

Obviously not gonna happen, but just as unrealistic as yours.

The Sheik is here long term. Making City is just the first stage in his plan, but certainly not the last, and definitely the most important.

Uber Blue said:
FriendlyBlue said:
But the comparison is bogus. When John Moores was chairman of Everton, we were indeed known as the Millionnaires Club, but John Moores backed the managers in the form of loans, all of which were paid back to him in full. John Moores did not invest one penny into Everton. Everything he invested was returned at least tenfold. He owned the majority of the club when players were paid buttons in todays terms when the wage bill was less than 10% of club turnover.

I don't begrudge City success, we were very similar clubs both in fan base and football terms before the money arrived, and I will always be in the 'Anyone but Liverpool' camp. But getting back on thread, the financials are totally different: you would be bankrupt if your investors demanded a return of their investment and walked away. Doesn't matter how much money you have now, you will always remain hostage to fortune.

Bollocks. The bottom line is we're wedged to fuck whilst you lot are skint. We're aiming for the stars whilst your lot are like a one armed man trying to keep afloat in a stormy ocean of abject poverty. We're all delerious with our good fortune whilst you lot can't imagine why a billionaire Arab chose us and not Everton. When you're asleep you have nightmares about turning up at your shitty, run-down rat infested excuse of a stadium with the gates having been a pad-locked. We dream of a future coloured in a hue of sky blue involving trophys.

'A hostage to fortune?' That's fucking brilliant. Do you honestly think I give a flying fuck whether you think we've been fortunate? If Everton or its fans had been fortunate enough to have landed the golden ticket you'd all be having a joint wankfest but, unfortunately for you, you didn't.

The thing is I feel your pain, I really do. I feel it and enjoy it. I revel in it. Your pain is like a nice, cosy, comfy blanket and it keeps me warm.
pmsl well said that man

FriendlyBlue said:
Bluemoon115 said:

All fans are hostages to the whims of their clubs owners

You're hostages to a hard up theatreland luvvy

Fortune is better methinks

Bluemoon115 said:
FriendlyBlue said:
Why don't you go full on and suggest a fantasy scenario whereby we didn't get taken over by Arabs at all, we went into the Championship and you signed the bestest players in the world.

Obviously not gonna happen, but just as unrealistic as yours.

The Sheik is here long term. Making City is just the first stage in his plan, but certainly not the last, and definitely the most important.

Why would suggesting that premier league clubs may change ownership be unrealistic?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.