Everton idiots

standupefc said:
I have spoken to my mate who's a City fan after the game and he said Baines was better than Kolarov. De Jong hasn't ever really impressed me and if you asked most neutral fans they'd say Felaini is better than him. Yaya Toure is better than Felaini. Lescott is no better or worse than Distin now. When he played for us, but most City fans I've spoken to have described him as being a flop. He was never really that amazing at Everton, he's a great tackler but positionally he's awful. AJ is better than Seamus Coleman and pretty much all of your strikers our better than ours. Most honest City fans would take swap Felaini for De Jong.

What fucking time do then pubs open around your way ???
fpmsl

I certainly have no hatred for City, you've been in the same position as us historically in the shadow of a large and successful neighbour. I think the problem a lot of Evertonians have with City now is that you have money to buy players and we don't have a pot to p*ss in and that is hard to bear. Also a lot of Evertonians liked Lescott who took the City silver right after signing a long term contract. I rate him very highly as a player; he's fast, can play well at LB and scored a lot of key goals for Everton. He'll prove good value for you.

Our good run against you will end too so don't worry about it. Watch Fellaini next year if you get the chance, he is bloody good. The only problem is that it'll probably be when you play Chelsea as I doubt Everton can hold on to him

Theboxer said:
Hi guys, I'm an Evertonian but from a City catchment area and I used to watch City when they played Everton or when Everton weren't playing in the days of Francis Lee and Mike Summerbee. They were a very good side in those days with a wonderful manager in Joe Mercer. I thought yesterday that you played great football in the first half and should really have been 3 or more up and the match over. You could argue all day about what happened but I think that two things were key. One was that Everton rearranged well getting Hibbert off as Silva had destroyed him; the key point though for me was the Rodwell tackle on De Jong and the ensuing handbags. It seemed to fire Everton up and mess City up big time especially Kompany who went to pieces. Excuse us our joy at winning too but we've had a lot of awful spineless performances of late and it was good to see such good spirit yesterday in the end. I won't say who I believe our better players are because we are very vulnerable now to them being bought but Fellaini is the real deal, possibly the best destructive midfielder in the Premiership if he can just steer clear of injury. I rate Lescott as very fine defender and was very sorry to see him go. His partnership with Phil Jagielka was fantastic. Having said that I like Distin too, he's been a colossus for us all season. He makes the odd clangers which inevitably seem to get punished but he's saved us many a week.
Having money to spend alone doesn't guarantee success and a lot of hard work and time is needed to gel players into a good team.

Rather have you on here as a representative for your fans rather than that lad who was on earlier.

Can't really argue with you said. Although I do think you could tell us who you think your better players are, I don't think the scouts are on here searching! ;)

I'm an Everton Fan. It always amazes me how fans always neglect the obvious point of actually seeing a player play before judging whether he's better/worse than their own.

Coleman is not better than Milner. Seeing them both enough shows this, not like you'd really need to see them to judge this one anyway.
Distin is probably not better than Kompany, but it's a pretty tight one.
Fellaini runs the game when he plays. He very seldom plays badly but it'd be unfair to say he's better than De Jong without seeing him more than on TV when City play. My housemate is a City fan and he says you miss him a lot when he doesn't play.

football is all about opinions.fellaini is not my type of footballer and is a liability who jogs for the ball rather than running. distin has made me cringe more than anyone this year- his head stares at the ball while his body moves in the opposite direction. rodwell is still learning his trade and could be anything.seamus coleman has in general been our best attacking option. i do not watch enough of city to compare, but like anything in life the assets of a club is in their market value. few everton players would rake in over £5 million per player. sadly we are a selling club and no doubt someone will be sold in the summer so we can pick up a championship player on the last day of the transfer window

standupefc said:
Most honest City fans would take swap Felaini for De Jong.

HAHAHA, this is so funny it hurts. I suppose no Bluemooners are "honest City fans" because only one - maybe two - posters here spring to mind who would want Screech over De Jong - Sabster and possibly Dax.

n_mcfc said:
Theboxer said:
Rather have you on here as a representative for your fans rather than that lad who was on earlier.

Can't really argue with you said. Although I do think you could tell us who you think your better players are, I don't think the scouts are on here searching! ;)

I'd say that our most valuable players are Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Marouane Fellaini and Jack Rodwell who has the potential to be the very best. Mickel Arteta can be exceptional too but is struggling to recover from a very bad injury. Tim Howard is very good too but you have a good keeper already. The rest are a real mongrel bunch of locally developed talent with little value, championship players like Beckford and the fantastic Phil Neville with the total being very much greater than the sum of the parts most times. We do have a lot of young players with potential coming through at the fringe and a very strong academy side. That is our only hope for the future as we are never going to be a buying side again. Could we have Adam Johnson for a couple of Million being as he doesn't get into the first team :-)

Actually IMO Fellaini ain't too bad. I'm not exactly a De Jong fan mind. Milner is better than Coleman IN THE CENTRE, but Mancini seems afraid to play him there! On the right is not Milner's position but thats for another time. Everton still are a big club, and they are tough to beat, as Chelsea and Man**e always find out. Would take Moyes though. And Baines is a quality attacking left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.