Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do go down, I think it's ridiculous for any City fan to have sympathy for them.
I'm not just annoyed about that recent nonsense of demanding an apology from Riley over an on-field decision. That was bizarre in all sorts of ways. Petulant that they would ask for it in the first place and downright classless they would talk broodingly in press conferences about the receipt of it afterwards.
The insinuations last year, about City trying to avoid them with a Covid cancellation smacked of undue arrogance (amongst other flaws). Demanding an investigation, if you don't mind. Of all the games cancelled due to Covid across football, I don't recall any other club publicly doing that to another. Suggesting City were scared of them..!? Seriously..!? Jesus wept.
Don't even get me started on the narrative around the Lescott transfer, their participation in the Hateful Eight, going back to the early days of the takeover when one of their directors drunkenly taunted ours after Walton had handed them a victory... or, most damningly of all, going further back again to how they were instrumental in stitching up City and 86 other clubs with the infamous ITV deal...
But they're not Red Scouse, people say. Good for them. Hardly an achievement of outstanding merit that, is it? Especially when they have still treated us with as much contempt - before and after September 2008.
Don't care if they stay up. May as well play them as anyone else. I'd be confident of taking six points off of them, most years, too. Certainly, no sympathy from me if they go down though.

Looked shell shocked tonight. Expect them to be in bottom 3 after this weekend.

Something is not right there. Bought Dele Alli and he doesn’t even get on the pitch even when Everton are losing each week.
Dele Alli heading for the championship.
Where he belongs nowadays.

He was only in the job two or three games and after a defeat I was watching his interview and he said "I didn't realise how bad things actually were at the club until I arrived".
Why on earth would he come out with something like that? They are in a relegation battle he should be trying to keep the players motivated and saying they can pick up points and the player can get them out of this ect...Once he said that I was thinking "Everton are in big shit with him in charge".

Wasn't long ago he was piling all the blame onto Benitez too.
Was he living in a cave?

if they weren't allowed to go down 25 years ago to the point goalkeepers were openly bribed to match fix, why would now be any different with VAR to subtly push them along? Christ they got 2 incredibly soft pens tonight and still contrived to lose, how many more favours will they get?

Anyway the run-in:

Burnley: Norwich (A), West Ham (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A), Newcastle (H).

Everton: Rags (H), Leicester (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Watford (A), Brentford (H), Palace (H), Arsenal (A).

Leeds: Watford (A), Palace (A), City (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Brighton (H), Brentford (A).

Watford: Leeds (H), Brentford (H), City (A), Burnley (H), Palace (A), Everton (H), Leicester (A), Chelsea (A).

Included Leeds because of the extra games they've played and if that tough run of their next 5 doesn't go their way they could be dragged in. Likewise, Watford play their 3 relegation rivals all at home which could be decisive in their outside chances of staying up, they have the most opportunity there in my view, 4 very winnable big home games.

If they do go down, I think it's ridiculous for any City fan to have sympathy for them.
I'm not just annoyed about that recent nonsense of demanding an apology from Riley over an on-field decision. That was bizarre in all sorts of ways. Petulant that they would ask for it in the first place and downright classless they would talk broodingly in press conferences about the receipt of it afterwards.
The insinuations last year, about City trying to avoid them with a Covid cancellation smacked of undue arrogance (amongst other flaws). Demanding an investigation, if you don't mind. Of all the games cancelled due to Covid across football, I don't recall any other club publicly doing that to another. Suggesting City were scared of them..!? Seriously..!? Jesus wept.
Don't even get me started on the narrative around the Lescott transfer, their participation in the Hateful Eight, going back to the early days of the takeover when one of their directors drunkenly taunted ours after Walton had handed them a victory... or, most damningly of all, going further back again to how they were instrumental in stitching up City and 86 other clubs with the infamous ITV deal...
But they're not Red Scouse, people say. Good for them. Hardly an achievement of outstanding merit that, is it? Especially when they have still treated us with as much contempt - before and after September 2008.
Don't care if they stay up. May as well play them as anyone else. I'd be confident of taking six points off of them, most years, too. Certainly, no sympathy from me if they go down though.
I, for one, do not wish for them to go down. I used to watch them under Moyes, I respected most of their players (not just for their talent but for their loyalty as well), I liked their style -and they did have an identity on the pitch back them. I would add that their fans do not deserve this shit -and I won't even bother imagining what it's like living close to those particular neighbours of theirs. I do wonder, though, how the Evertonian friends participating in this forum feel regarding the points you make in your post, all related to official Everton's policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.