Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton as a club are so badly run in almost every aspect. It's like a hedge fund for every crank and incompetent in the football world. The board are shambolic in how they operate and that reflects on the pitch eventually. They throw up a scapegoat every so often and think that resolves the problem but it just adds to it as they replace them with someone similar.
Who on earth sanctions the purchase of some of these players - expecting Alli to rescue you from the drop is akin to asking Graham Norton to impregnate your wife. I've watched them all my adult life and this is definitely the worst performing squad I have seen. Part of me wants them to go down so most of them never get the chance to play for the club again and few deserve adulation if we do stay up.

It’s having a die hard supporter as your chairman! It’s was like Swales under city a lot of knee jerk reactions! Wouldn’t put it past him to sack Lampard!

I really thought Everton would beat Burnley just because thought Everton keep the ball better than they did last night it was hoof it clear your lines all game, keep the ball well last night would made more chances control the game! Who coaching Everton to hoof it?

I have heard that they haven't actually signed Dele Alli, in the true sense. I was told they have to start payments if and when he plays 20 games for them - which right now seems unlikely.

Yes, and they signed him when they had 19 games left so they were never going to have to pay for him this summer either.

I have heard that they haven't actually signed Dele Alli, in the true sense. I was told they have to start payments if and when he plays 20 games for them - which right now seems unlikely.
That makes a bit more sense.

I was absolutely gobsmacked (to the point I thought something corrupt was going on) when the £40mil figures were quoted.

Everton are in massive trouble now especially after that result tonight. I think if they go down it will be a seriously long time before they come back up they could end up doing Leeds and going down the divisions with the financial trouble they are in. It's a toxic place now.
Yes, they have a rag like sickness throughout the club now.
An absentee owner who may be a proxy for someone else; an eminence grise stinking the place out (Bill C), a load of money spent randomly in the transfer market, no discernable long term plan, losses mounting, an inexperienced manager, no tactical awareness, key players maybe looking to move. It couldn't be much worse. I think they will go down now.
Facilis decensus Averno and all that, it's a long way back.
#evertonthenewswalescity

I’m struggling to generate much sympathy for Everton fans this morning as they’ve always been the biggest moaners in the league. They were outraged at the prospect of Pereira and clamoured for Lampard. Just shows why clubs shouldn’t listen to the fans.

Terrific player, Frank, and a gent. Really not sure what qualifies him to be a manager. Of course, he's a ‘name’, and that always looks good.
If they could have, they should have gone all in for Vieira. A man who is a natural manager, and very savvy on tactics.

Great result for us as they are going to have to give it everything against their cuntish neighbours.I don't expect too much from that....but at least it offers a slim hope of dropped points.

I like your sense of hope. They're going to get their trousers pulled down to get the annual spanking.
The maths are beautifully simple for us. We must get at least a draw on Sunday – and personally I'll be somewhat disappointed – and then win everything else. We've done it before, with lesser teams (but with a greater natural leader, true).

if they weren't allowed to go down 25 years ago to the point goalkeepers were openly bribed to match fix, why would now be any different with VAR to subtly push them along? Christ they got 2 incredibly soft pens tonight and still contrived to lose, how many more favours will they get?

Anyway the run-in:

Burnley: Norwich (A), West Ham (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A), Newcastle (H).

Everton: Rags (H), Leicester (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Watford (A), Brentford (H), Palace (H), Arsenal (A).

Leeds: Watford (A), Palace (A), City (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Brighton (H), Brentford (A).

Watford: Leeds (H), Brentford (H), City (A), Burnley (H), Palace (A), Everton (H), Leicester (A), Chelsea (A).

Included Leeds because of the extra games they've played and if that tough run of their next 5 doesn't go their way they could be dragged in. Likewise, Watford play their 3 relegation rivals all at home which could be decisive in their outside chances of staying up, they have the most opportunity there in my view, 4 very winnable big home games.
I sense a purpose and a togetherness at Leeds. They have straight up owners and a decent chairman at long last, their new manager has spoken warmly about the spirit in the club, the players seem motivated, the fans are behind them. I think they will be ok.

Everton as a club are so badly run in almost every aspect. It's like a hedge fund for every crank and incompetent in the football world. The board are shambolic in how they operate and that reflects on the pitch eventually. They throw up a scapegoat every so often and think that resolves the problem but it just adds to it as they replace them with someone similar.
Who on earth sanctions the purchase of some of these players - expecting Alli to rescue you from the drop is akin to asking Graham Norton to impregnate your wife. I've watched them all my adult life and this is definitely the worst performing squad I have seen. Part of me wants them to go down so most of them never get the chance to play for the club again and few deserve adulation if we do stay up.
I remember another club just like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.