Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they weren't allowed to go down 25 years ago to the point goalkeepers were openly bribed to match fix, why would now be any different with VAR to subtly push them along? Christ they got 2 incredibly soft pens tonight and still contrived to lose, how many more favours will they get?

Anyway the run-in:

Burnley: Norwich (A), West Ham (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A), Newcastle (H).

Everton: Rags (H), Leicester (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Watford (A), Brentford (H), Palace (H), Arsenal (A).

Leeds: Watford (A), Palace (A), City (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Brighton (H), Brentford (A).

Watford: Leeds (H), Brentford (H), City (A), Burnley (H), Palace (A), Everton (H), Leicester (A), Chelsea (A).

Included Leeds because of the extra games they've played and if that tough run of their next 5 doesn't go their way they could be dragged in. Likewise, Watford play their 3 relegation rivals all at home which could be decisive in their outside chances of staying up, they have the most opportunity there in my view, 4 very winnable big home games.
You did the right thing (Burnley and Everton have 2 games in hand, plus better GD). They have been extremely lucky with their recent wins, especially considering the manner they occured. If they lose at Watford, it becomes by definition complicated. Leeds are certainly not safe...

Great result for us as they are going to have to give it everything against their cuntish neighbours.I don't expect too much from that....but at least it offers a slim hope of dropped points.

Was he living in a cave?
Exactly this.

I remember the interview the poster is referring to, I also remember the one following the match vs City. Leaving aside the shit he spoke regarding the officials, he sounded rather confident (if not slightly arrogant). Asking for patience from the fans, advising them to avoid looking at the table for a while (and a few matches) etc. Soon afterwards the Spurs disaster followed (which is entirely on him) and the atmosphere changed for good...

Watching Everton play you get the impression they've been operating without a professional manager for years -and obviously the comment includes Anceloti's tenure whose work left zero mark whatsoever. I mean, it's difficult to discuss in terms of progress, the concept simply does not exist. What progress? No structure, no cohesion, no game plan. A build up based on instict and improvisations, combined with an amateurish defensive behaviour: Everton are lacking the very basics. If we do the mental exercise and imagine these players arriving every day at the training ground, so as to be trained by their captain, for example, or a teammate who would just take the initiative, how fucking different would it be? That's how bad it is...

On top of that, you have childish errors, totally unacceptable at this level. Vs WH, for example, they will equalise out of nowhere, only to immediately return the gift, fuck up ridiculously and lose the game by themselves, it's unbelievable. Iwobi and Keane (an England international, by the way), among others, are beyond criticism in that match, I am literally out of words trying to describe their performances...

I am just a fan writing these lines, somebody who simply loves the sport and watches football as much as he can. The guy in question is a professional manager. Rich, ambitious, with plenty of time, waiting for the next job opportunity. Either he does not pay attention to the reality of the PL or lacks the ability to make evaluations and valid assessments regarding situations surrounding him, clubs, players etc. Probably both, the latter definitely, as it seems. Everton's problems are well known for years, how the fuck can he go publicly saying he hadn't realised how bad things were? Is he for real?

If you don't follow closely developments related to your job, then I'm not sure you're actually meant for the job in the first place. Now he will need time to study the squad so as to make the right decisions. Which Everton cannot afford, since they are already in an emergency. He has already fucked up repeatedly in terms of tactics as well as the way he has handled the mental aspect. He inherited a squad with a low morale, now it's even lower. You see, it's difficult for players to perform under an unconvincing leader, I've seen it dozens of times...

Bottom line: Yes, Everton's problems exist long before Lampard's arrival. Yes, it's a highly complicated situation (unfortunately, Lampard's decisions so far have contributed to this). Is there hope for Everton? The answer is also a categorical YES, as far as I am concerned. I'll say it again, Everton have more than enough so as to stay up. In terms of human resources, Lampard is in a superior position, compared to the likes of Smith, Hodson (who has also inherited a team very poorly managed in recent years) and Dyche (the unluckiest of all)...

There is definitely room for immediate improvement for Everton, in order to avoid relegation. If there is any dignity in him, I would expect Lampard being the first to agree with this statement. Nobody is asking for anything more than that, just to leave three clubs behind him. At the moment, Everton are behind Brentford, for example, and just 1 point ahead of Burnley. No comment needed, it's embarrassing. No excuses if he fails, in my humble opinion. In such a scenario (that is, if he does fail), Mr Lampard should quit football for good. Being sure management won't miss his presence...

Last edited:
They go down then they are fooked for years to come :( Deli Ali jeeeeeeeeez he should hang his head in shame a club like that in there situation needs leaders and where is he ?????? Hiding away yet again ............no doubt some poor club will sign him up hoping they can get the best out of him when in reality he’s doing nothing but wage stealing now

Exactly this.

I remember the interview the poster is referring to, I also remember the one following the match vs City. Leaving aside the shit he spoke regarding the officials, he sounded rather confident (if not slightly arrogant). Asking for patience from the fans, advising them to avoid looking at the table for a while (and a few matches) etc. Soon afterwards the Spurs disaster followed (which is entirely on him) and the atmosphere changed for good...

Watching Everton play you get the impression they've been operating without a professional manager for years -and obviously the comment includes Anceloti's tenure whose work left zero mark whatsoever. I mean, it's difficult to discuss in terms of progress, the concept simply does not exist. What progress? No structure, no cohesion, no game plan. A build up based on instict and improvisations, combined with an amateurish defensive behaviour: Everton are lacking the very basics. If we do the mental exercise and imagine these players arriving every day at the training ground, so as to be trained by their captain, for example, or a teammate who would just take the initiative, how fucking different would it be? That's how bad it is...

On top of that, you have childish errors, totally unacceptable at this level. Vs WH, for example, they will equalise out of nowhere, only to immediately return the gift, fuck up ridiculously and lose the game by themselves, it's unbelievable. Iwobi and Keane (an England international, by the way), among others, are beyond criticism in that match, I am literally out of words trying to describe their performances...

I am just a fan writing these lines, somebody who simply loves the sport and watches football as much as he can. The guy in question is a professional manager. Rich, ambitious, with plenty of time, waiting for the next job opportunity. Either he does not pay attention to the reality of the PL or lacks the ability to make evaluations and valid assessments regarding situations surrounding him, clubs, players etc. Probably both, the latter definitely, as it seems. Everton's problems are well known for years, how the fuck can he go publicly saying he hadn't realised how bad things were? Is he for real?

If you don't follow closely developments related to your job, then I'm not sure you're actually meant for the job in the first place. Now he will need time to study the squad so as to make the right decisions. Which Everton cannot afford, since they are already in an emergency. He has already fucked up repeatedly in terms of tactics as well as the way he has handled the mental aspect. He inherited a squad with a low morale, now it's even lower. You see, it's difficult for players to perform under an unconvincing leader, I've seen it dozens of times...

Bottom line: Yes, Everton's problems exist long before Lampard's arrival. Yes, it's a highly complicated situation (unfortunately, Lampard's decisions so far have contributed to this). Is there hope for Everton? The answer is also a categorical YES, as far as I am concerned. I'll say it again, Everton have more than enough so as to stay up. In terms of human resources, Lampard is in a superior position, compared to the likes of Smith, Hodson (who has also inherited a team very poorly managed in recent years) and Dyche (the unluckiest of all)...

There is definitely room for immediate improvement for Everton, in order to avoid relegation. If there is any dignity in him, I would expect Lampard being the first to agree with this statement. Nobody is asking for anything more than that, just to leave three clubs behind him. At the moment, Everton are behind Brentford, for example, and just 1 point ahead of Burnley. No comment needed, it's embarrassing. No excuses if he fails, in my humble opinion. In such a scenario (that is, if he does fail), Mr Lampard should quit football for good. Being sure management won't miss his presence...
"I didn't realise how much bad things were here" is a standard line managers give to lower the bar when it comes to expectations.
Personally think they're fucked. Mixed emotions for me. Got a kicking there at the 81 quarter final but that was the 80's. They behaved like proper mard arses when City got moneyed then got a load of money themselves. But I really enjoy the away day over recent years.

What I don't like about Calvert-Lewin constantly being held up in the media as an enlightened, forward thinking fashion leader is the lack of self awareness (bordering on self obsession) it signifies.

To be clear, he (and others) should absolutely wear the clothes they want, free from some of the playground attitudes of the football changing room.

However, it is very clear that he is posing in outlandish outfits in set up photo shoots in order to provoke a reaction and coverage. I highly doubt that he is wearing such stuff around his own home 24/7. (Fair play to him if he is and he's posing in his own gear) So the claim that he is constantly 'being himself' is a bit off. He is enjoying a mild form of the trappings of celebrity, playing a high class version of dressing up. Something which, in itself is the opposite of 'just being yourself'.

Also, it is a tad deluded to think that merely by dressing up in some outlandish gear, you are some sort of ambassador for freedom and good mental health. Its not a new phenomenon. I doubt Dennis Rodman, who would have said the same in the 90s, is someone who we should all look to as a courageous role model who encouraged us all to be our true selves. He was a bit of a dick and the clothes he wore wear neither the cause of that or a mitigation.

The clothes you are 'brave' enough to wear are so, so minor in determining whether you are a positive role model, supportive of good mental health, willing to move away from damaging stereotypes and generally be at peace with yourself and others, that to constantly see Calvert-Lewin held up in the media as the above, precisely because of what he wears in photo shoots, is childlishly simplistic and borderline offensive.

So, yeah, when he buys into it and provides quotes suggesting the same thing, he shows a lack of self awareness of the truly serious things in life, and that's what I don't like about it all. If he does other stuff to support progress and supporting others, than good for him and fair play.

But I wish both the media and him would shut the fuck up about what he wears in photo shoots and trying to claim that this makes him a free thinker. It's got fuck all to do with anything important.

What I don't like about Calvert-Lewin constantly being held up in the media as an enlightened, forward thinking fashion leader is the lack of self awareness (bordering on self obsession) it signifies.

To be clear, he (and others) should absolutely wear the clothes they want, free from some of the playground attitudes of the football changing room.

However, it is very clear that he is posing in outlandish outfits in set up photo shoots in order to provoke a reaction and coverage. I highly doubt that he is wearing such stuff around his own home 24/7. (Fair play to him if he is and he's posing in his own gear) So the claim that he is constantly 'being himself' is a bit off. He is enjoying a mild form of the trappings of celebrity, playing a high class version of dressing up. Something which, in itself is the opposite of 'just being yourself'.

Also, it is a tad deluded to think that merely by dressing up in some outlandish gear, you are some sort of ambassador for freedom and good mental health. Its not a new phenomenon. I doubt Dennis Rodman, who would have said the same in the 90s, is someone who we should all look to as a courageous role model who encouraged us all to be our true selves. He was a bit of a dick and the clothes he wore wear neither the cause of that or a mitigation.

The clothes you are 'brave' enough to wear are so, so minor in determining whether you are a positive role model, supportive of good mental health, willing to move away from damaging stereotypes and generally be at peace with yourself and others, that to constantly see Calvert-Lewin held up in the media as the above, precisely because of what he wears in photo shoots, is childlishly simplistic and borderline offensive.

So, yeah, when he buys into it and provides quotes suggesting the same thing, he shows a lack of self awareness of the truly serious things in life, and that's what I don't like about it all. If he does other stuff to support progress and supporting others, than good for him and fair play.

But I wish both the media and him would shut the fuck up about what he wears in photo shoots and trying to claim that this makes him a free thinker. It's got fuck all to do with anything important.
I doubt the Evertonians are happy with it either his focus should be 100% on them and nothing else ........... all well and good if your doing this kind of stuff if your playing well and the team you represent are flying but they are in the shite big time

Everton as a club are so badly run in almost every aspect. It's like a hedge fund for every crank and incompetent in the football world. The board are shambolic in how they operate and that reflects on the pitch eventually. They throw up a scapegoat every so often and think that resolves the problem but it just adds to it as they replace them with someone similar.
Who on earth sanctions the purchase of some of these players - expecting Alli to rescue you from the drop is akin to asking Graham Norton to impregnate your wife. I've watched them all my adult life and this is definitely the worst performing squad I have seen. Part of me wants them to go down so most of them never get the chance to play for the club again and few deserve adulation if we do stay up.

I’m struggling to generate much sympathy for Everton fans this morning as they’ve always been the biggest moaners in the league. They were outraged at the prospect of Pereira and clamoured for Lampard. Just shows why clubs shouldn’t listen to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.